We just bought new appliances!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just bought new appliances!

We bought a smooth top stove with dials at the front (no room in our kitchen for a wall over), a side by side ice dispensing fridge with pull out shelves! and a dishwasher. I'm so excited, this is going to make cooking so much easier!

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

GREAT-what time should we all be there for dinner? Black tie?

Comment

New toys! Yay!!! Do the smooth tops stay hot like the coils on an electric stove?

Comment

Actually Marm I think they stay hot longer and more even. I love cooking with gas and I think my smooth top is comparable to it. My only problem is remembering what burner I had on. Usually the smoke from a paper plate gives it away.

T-10 complete
        10/08/01

T-10 complete
        10/08/01
        "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO' what a ride!"

Comment

Originally posted by Marmalady:

New toys! Yay!!! Do the smooth tops stay hot like the coils on an electric stove?
          Yes! My parents have one and my mom set a glass pan of brownies on top of a hot burner... oops!

~ Anon
          Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Comment

Emi,

What brand/model did you buy? I will be in the market for a smooth top stove with dials at the front soon and was wondering what models you looked at. There doesn't seem to be very many to choose from.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B:

Emi,

What brand/model did you buy? I will be in the market for a smooth top stove with dials at the front soon and was wondering what models you looked at. There doesn't seem to be very many to choose from.
              the brand is fridgedaire and it was the only model at leons... seems ok but i wish there was more selection.

~ Anon

Comment

I think the one my parents have is an Inglis. It's got little indicator lights on the cooking surface to tell you which one(s) are hot.

Comment

Dacor makes a nice cooktop. I posted a photo in this thread:

http://carecure.org/forum/showpost.php?p=195325

Comment

But don't you have an "up and down" kitchen? Don't know what to call it in English [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
                    TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Here are quite a few ranges, many with front controls.

Ranges

My folks also have a glass top cook top and a separate built-in wall oven. Very easy to use and to clean. Controls are on the front, although it does take some pressure to unlock the controls (critical you have this or you can turn it on inadvertently).

(KLD)
                      The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
                      X