No announcement yet.

The cat who eats asparagus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jake also has small amounts of M & M candies. He'll spit the first one out though unless you bite it in half so he knows it is chocolate. Our old dog Koska used to do that too!

Weirdness! Do ALL dogs spit out the first M & M??

Edited: YES, we know chocolate is not good for dogs, but he's hale and hardy at 35 lbs and has found worse. We only give him a little taste, and sparingly. Old age (17.5) is what finally killed the first dog. Not M & M's. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[This message was edited by Joltin' Josie on 02-19-04 at 01:46 AM.]
    *Visualize your eventual demise. It has an amazing effect on how you live for the moment.* *Love, Wear sunscreen, Dance, sing, floss and travel.* *Life is full of setbacks. Success is determined by how you handle setbacks.*

Comment

With all the discussion about grits, I decide I could resist no longer and fixed some for breakfast this morning. I still had a few spoonfuls in my bowl, which was sitting by my computer. All it took was a few moments of distraction, and the next thing I knew my cat Bootsie was on the desk eating the grits!

Cats eat grits? [img]/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif[/img] After all the stories I've read, I'm beginning to wonder if there's anything they won't eat.

Comment

I have a bowl of assorted crystals sitting on my foot locker/coffee table in our living room. When I'm not looking my girls let our pooch Shady chew on my long quartz crystal [img]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/img] She loves it! I guess it looks like a bone [img]/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif[/img]! She must be a "new age" doggy ... [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img][img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Shady will eat anyhting...I mean anything vegetable or mineral..... maybe she was a goat in a previous life [img]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/img]!

Obie
        ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
        Jane Siberry

Comment

My cat will eat styrofoam. When I get a package I have to be carefull not to leave any out of the box, or she'll grab a peice and run off with it.

She also likes cream cheese, cheese cake, and ranch dressing.

_____
          Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

[This message was edited by jimnms on 02-23-04 at 07:50 AM.]
          Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Comment

Of course my black lab will be absolutely anything, raw, cooked, still hanging on the plant, spicy, hot, cold, doesn't matter.

My cat though only eat a couple odd things. Coconut, tortilla chips, and he absolutely loves goldfish crackers. Comes running when he hears the box shake.

Comment

Glad this thread has been bumped, I haven't seen it before.

The only really weird food my cat likes is sweetcorn. She loves the tinned stuff.

Comment

I had a chihuahua that would eat the seats out of my girls panties and they had to be dirty panties. He would knock over the clothes hamper to snack on pissy panties. He also ate his own turds as well. These behaviors stopped me from letting him give me dog kisses.

Comment

These are hilarious (Buffie, eew!)

My huge gray cat (Russian blue mix?) loves a morning cup of coffee and two olives. The coffee must have cream but not sugar. He goes nuts over the olives but stops at 2.

Comment

I put Deep Cold muscle therapy gel on my leg one night and went to bed. My cat would not stop licking the covers over my leg trying to get at the gel. I tried shooing her away but she just hopped back up and licked away.

Comment

Originally posted by Obieone View Post
                      I guess it looks like a bone ! She must be a "new age" doggy ...
                      You should have named her Mary Moon!

Originally posted by MikeC View Post
                      Our cat loves cantalope. He will sit beside the fridge and cry until we give him some.
                      Our cats will eat cantaloupe too. They also like pumpkin pie!

Comment

One of my cats just adores peanut butter, in addition to yougurt and frozen peas! The peanut butter is funny because she then has to smack her lips endlessly to get it off her teeth. She knows the jar and is right there for another taste when available.

Comment

Originally posted by marmalady View Post
                          So - our now 6 month old kitten has eaten everything we've put in front of him - last night it was a piece of roasted asparatus! Earlier 'experiments' reveal he loves potato chips, mashed potatoes, spaghetti sauce - well, I won't go on!

What's the weirdest food your pet has ever eaten?

Whoa! Does the asparagus make the kitten's pee stink?
                          You C.A.N.
                          Conquer Adversity Now

Comment

My sons got 2 pugs, and lives in the back. I got the raspberries that were above 2 feet , but then thay learned to lean on them to knock them over. Welp, they're gone, whats next, hmmmm, tose look red like berries, lets try those, there went my cherry tomatoes. Damn dogs, it gave them hives, and they scratched the hide right off of themselves. Ha Ha Ha

Comment

Working...
                            X