Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone here eat less then before there accident?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a little unique since I was a c7 that regained a lot of ability with mostly hand and tri issues. I still felt hungry but my diet was less and sometimes wouldn't eat until I was ready to pass out. This mostly happened when I was out doing physical activities.
    Now I had another accident (lucky me) and am a T4. I eat maybe one good meal a day with some snacking but I still get hungry. When I was first injured food made me nauseous and I had to force myself to eat "boost". I went from 198lbs to less than 165. Now I'm trying to loose some of this quad belly I have since I never had a belly in my 42 years and I hate it!!!

Comment

I'm a T12 incomplete and I don't feel hungry anymore. I am about 50 pounds lighter than before SCI. When I eat, I often feel like a little kid who has to eat that last bite and chews and chews and chews cause he can't swallow it.
      TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Comment

Lost 30 lbs right after my accident, and haven't gained any of it back in the 7 years since my SCI. I don't always feel hungry, but I do occasionally. Some days I wouldn't of ate all day, and 1 bite of a sandwich is all I can do, other days I could eat till my stomach exploded. Kinda seems to go in a cycle.
        T8/9 (2-24-06)
        IOWA

Comment

My son is T4 10 years post, he eats much less than he used to.
          My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Comment

Working...
          X