RESTAURANT REVIEWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RESTAURANT REVIEWS

What's your favorite restaurant? What's the food like? Service - Do you get good treatment from the wait staff, especially after they've gotten to know your needs?

Is it accessible? Does the staff accommodate space issues for your chair?

i love longhorn steak house. but....... teh tabless are low and i doubt many chairs can fit under them. the wait crew is awesome though! and the food is wonderful! mmmmm....now i want longhorn.

Comment

Check out Wired on Wheels, a not-for-profit online organization dedicated to rating restaurants nationwide for accessibility. www.wiredonwheels.com
      The website has printable rating forms and clear instructions on how to rate an establishment for parking, maneuverability, bathroom access, etc. Any user may post a rating for a restaurant. This site will be very handy for travelers hoping to get a hassle-free bite to eat anywhere in the United States.

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000
      Blog:
      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Thanks Bethany! That could prove to be a very valuable site.

I went to a "Red Robin" the other day. By the time we got to the door they had a table setup for us and people at both doors to welcome us all. Food was ok for a sports bar. The Coors was nice and icey!

T-10 complete
        10/08/01
        ,-._,-.
        \/)"(\/
        (_o_)

T-10 complete
        10/08/01
        "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO' what a ride!"

Comment

favorite chain: Macaroni Grill.

I gave up on the whole "making sure restaurants are accessible" bit a while ago. If I can get in the door & there're no barriers to the tables, I just go. If I end up somewhere I can't get into, I turn around & head somplace else (of course this differs if dinner somewhere is planned in advance -- dates, groups, etc). Easy. I've never had issues w/ disability discrimination... any place around here gladly moves a chair, etc to accomodate. You just gotta smile, be assertive, & don't assume they know exactly what to do.

I like a lot of hole-in-the-wall type restaurants... local stuff, whether microbreweries, cafes, etc etc. Those are probably my favs b/c of the small-town atmosphere.

Comment

Scott--Cracker Barrel....yummmmm
            1FineSpineRN

Comment

My favorite place is a local BBQ place called Goldies. They've been here since before I was born, so I'm sure their building is ADA exempt. They don't have HC spots, but I've never had a problem getting in.

I usually get the mixed plate with sliced pork and sausage, with baked beans and tater salad as sides. They have the best sweat tea and garlic bread in the world.

_____
              Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.
              Learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Comment

Chicago has so many good restaurants. For special occasions Charlie Trotter's in Chicago is amazing. For more casual dining I like going to Vietnamese town or Kamehachi for sushi.

Comment

Originally posted by scott (jmu):

favorite chain: http://www.macaronigrill.com/.
                  Scott, that's my favorite restaurant! YUMMY!! I always get the great your own: bowtie pasta, mushrooms, black olives, spinach, garlic, in a tomato cream sauce. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

And their bread ROCKS!

Comment

SteveG, ever watch "Check Please" on PBS? Good reviews from Chicagoans.

Comment

Chick

Yes, I've caught it a few times. Used to be hosted by Amanda Puck (Wolfgang Puck's daughter). I like the concept. So what's your favorite restuarant in Chicago.

Steve

Comment

el toro -- omg, good! their flautas (raven gave me the recipe, too)...i love them! [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

atlanta bread company -- fantastic lunches and soups...great in this winter weather! [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

california pizza kitchen -- tried and true. we've never been disappointed! [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

none of these are grandiose but are extremely helpful...all stay crowded!

our macaroni grill is very bland...even the kids say so...

joy
                        "Now the only healthy way to live, as I see it, is to learn to like all the little every day things."
                        ~ Gus McCrae
                        "Now, the only healthy way to live life, as I see it, is to enjoy all the little everyday things, like a sip of whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, or a cool breeze on a hot day." -Gus McCrae, from Lonesome Dove, by Larry McMurtry

ChloeMagazine
                        AccessibleProperties

Comment

Can't say I have a favorite. I went to Opera, recently and it was maybe a bit disappointing. I did see it reviewed on Check Please and maybe expected something a bit different, but we went when there was mostly an after work crowd, rather than a more lively weekend crowd (as depicted on show). I loved the decor and open layout but the food wasn't anything extraordinary.

Comment

Chino Latino

You order a bunch of small "plates" that you share and their bar looks like it's straight from a James Bond movie.
                            May the fetus you save be gay

Comment

Fave Eats

A roadside barbeque house, locally owned. Easily accessible into and I can fit at the tables. On Mondays they do a full pig pickin' The pig has been roasting over pit with wood fire and smoke. When ready the whole hog is laid out, backside up and split down the middle and the diners help themselves to their favorite steaming site for pork. I favor the hind quarters. Plus they BBQ ribs as an extra. The sides are pinto beans, hush puppies, tomato and orkra, green beans, collard greens, small salad bar and vanilla cookie pudding. Now that's about as close to heaven on earth as a person can hope to get.

Comment

Working...
                              X