No announcement yet.

Post your vegetarian recipes here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Marmalady! Sounds very simple and delicious.

I only wish I had this recipe a month ago when there was still fresh basil in my garden!

Comment

Beaker - How'd the sauce making go? [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

It was great! Even my daughter liked it! Very yummy.

It took me much longer than 15 minutes to make it, but I'm sure that's just because this is all new to me. I'm sure the next time will be much faster.

My only 'complaint' is that I didn't want to dump the left-over wine down the sink, so I drank it. Well, some of it. I rarely drink, and I'm not feeling so good today. [img]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

It does make a lot, so I have enough in the freezer to have it probably two more times. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Tonight, the portabello mushroom recipe...

Comment

Shannon,

If you still have fresh basil from your sauce, try using it on pizza. It's delicious! What I do is put on my sauce, then right on top of the sauce, put a layer of basil leaves, then put on the rest of your toppings and cheese. It's really, really good!

Hope the mushrooms turn out well.

Comment

Was cruising through my catering menus today, and found these vegetarian wraps; neat sandwich ideas!

Vegetarian Wraps:
            - Caesar salad wrap w/romaine, red onion, parmesan cheese, caesar dressing, hard cooked eggs, and tomatoes on vegetable tortilla wrap.

- Tex Mex wrap with shredded lettuce, red onion, rice and black beans, tomatoes, Monterey Jack cheese, and salsa on sun dried tomato tortilla.

- Greek salad wrap with feta, shredded lettuce, tomato, onion, olives, cucumber, and yogurt garlic dressing on spinach wrap.

- Provencal wrap with field greens, shaved parmesan, calamata olives, hard boiled eggs, green beans, tomatoes, and steamed green beans with herbes de Provence vinaigrette on spinach tortilla.

- Primavera wrap with spinach, tomato, steamed zucchini, yellow squash & onion, and mushrooms and shaved parmesan with basil vinaigrette on spinach wrap.

PS - Re the dressings for the sandwiches - use the bottled dressing of your choice - these are all loosey-goosey ideas; expand on them however you want!

Comment

Beaker, The wine will keep corked for a week or two.

Comment

So - How are you all doing with your veggie recipes?

And what do you have planned for Thanksgiving?

Comment

Originally posted by Marmalady:

So - How are you all doing with your veggie recipes?

And what do you have planned for Thanksgiving?

I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but things are going really well. I just made wraps yesterday and they were so good! And my daughter loved it too, so I'm really happy about it.

We'll be going to my parents house for Thanksgiving. They prepare the traditional Thanksgiving dinner. I won't have any turkey of course, but there will be plenty of other things to eat.

More recipes are always welcome! [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Beaker, If you have an "Earthfare" or "Whole Foods" grocery store, go and check out the
                    'Tofurkey' or the Quorn brand 'roast'. I've made both of them for Matt and hubbie, and they say they're pretty good!

Comment

5 or 6 years ago, my husband (at the time) and a veg friend and I made a tofurkey. They both liked it, but I really didn't care for it. Fairly recently, I tried the Quorn brand and I liked it, but my daughter didn't.

She and I both like the fake turkey deli slices. She'll eat them plain or in sandwiches. I eat them in sandwiches.

Although I don't eat a whole lot of the fake meat stuff, I'm glad I have the option. My Grandpa tried to be a vegetarian back in the 20s. I'm not sure how long it lasted for him.

Comment

AAAACCKKKKKKKK!!!!

*grabs knife and rolls off to kill something with meat after reading these posts*

sowwy... [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by stratman:

*grabs knife and rolls off to kill something with meat after reading these posts*

sowwy... [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
                          This is exactly why I wanted to do this privately.

Comment

Beaker, I think Strat's just funnin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Marmalady:

Beaker, I think Strat's just funnin'.

And the other day I was wheeling around and a stranger called out to me, "Hey speedy, slow down! You're going to get a ticket!" I know he was just funnin' too, but I just get so tired of the stupid comments. I don't talk about being a vegetarian much so that I don't have to hear comments such as Stratman's. I was thinking this might be a more sensitive crowd to this type of thing, but apparently not.

Oh well. Sigh.

Thanks for the recipes though Marmalady (and everyone else who posted). We just finished off the rest of the spaghetti sauce last night and it was really good!

Comment

Marmalady--I have a catering question for you. We are planning a Christmas open house for about 75 or so people at our new house. It will be a come and go kind of thing from 1-5. I'm planning on just having finger foods and snacks. Stuff like dips with crackers, cheese, fruit, mini-quiches, Christmas cookies, brownies, etc. My question is: how do I figure out how much of all this food I need? Like I said, it will be very casual thing--come and stay or come and leave! But still it is way more people than I've ever had over before. Any tips you might have would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                                X