Do you eat your fruit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you eat your fruit?

Now dont lie! Fruit Loops and Jucie Fruit does not count!!! We have been making fruit smoothies and I gotta tell ya, they are pretty good. It is the season for fresh fruit so we have all kinds. We use 1/2 cup honey, 1/2 cup vanila yogurt, strawberries and bananas, and about 8 ice cubs. Throw it all in the food processor and ta-da!

T-10 complete
    10/08/01
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO' what a ride!"

I love fruit(almost as much as I love junk food). Theres nothing like fresh raspberries or biting into a juicy sweet peach. Do Jolly Ranchers count???[img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--unknown
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Oooo...summer fruit!!!

Biting into a really fresh peach and having the sweet juice run down your chin and forearm!

Fresh strawberry or raspberry crepes for breakfast!

Strawberry/banana/yogurt smoothies for breakfast!

Fresh fruit salad (sliced nectarines, peaches, plums, grapes, etc.) with a scoop of cottage cheese for dinner on a hot night!

Shall we also talk about fresh tomatoes??? Actually a fruit, not a veggie.

Comment

mmmm , i ate a whole fresh pineapple yesterday ..
        thank you
        dogger

every day i wake up is a good one .
        Every day I wake up is a good one .

Comment

How do you peel a pineapple? [img]/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--unknown
          Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

eating it fresh i leave the skin on , eat it like a water melon , in big slices .
            thank you ,
            dogger

every day i wake up is a good one .
            Every day I wake up is a good one .

Comment

When I lived in Guam we ate Mangoes and eveything else you can imagine growing on a tropical island. But, mangoes were my favorite.

T-10 complete
              10/08/01
              "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO' what a ride!"

Comment

We drink a lot of fruit shakes in my house. We use frozen strawberries and frozen peaches with a banana and an apple and orange juice. I like to add peanut butter for a little fat and whey protein powder to make it a complete meal.

I also eat grapes and fresh fruit when it's in season especially those wonderful peaches.

And I know they're not fruit but I'm eating a lot of homegrown tomatoes right now. We have a 1000 square-foot greenhouse that my kids are growing organic tomatoes in. They're using the proceeds to help buy their school clothes. The extra benefit is all the fresh tomatoes I can eat.

Ronnie

Comment

I ate homegrown tomatoes until I made myself sick. Which is a bummer because I still want more!

You'd better get a big gun 'cause I'm not dead yet."
                  ---The Bad Examples
                  Blog:
                  Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

I like tomatoes and pineapples and a few other fruits. I love fruit drinks and, uh... I guess that's it. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

-Steven
                    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Wild Blackberries! My husband & I have made about 20 blackberry pies in the last two weeks. He picks them, and rolls out the crusts, I fill them, put them in the oven, and eat them! Delicious with fresh whipped cream or ice cream! Yummy!

Darlene

Comment

Tomatoes are a fruit by the way (not a veggie!)

Today I went to the Farmer's Market and bought fresh tomatoes and peppers and made gazpacho. Having it for dinner all week. Just sprinkle on some salad shrimp or avocado slices and serve with sour dough rolls. Yum!

(KLD)
                        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Peel, and cut a banna in half. Freeze it for several hours in a zip lock bag. It takes the place of ice cubes for a nice thick fruit shake. I love the nonfat vanilla yogurt as a base and skip all sweetners.

Another favorite are frozen green grapes. They taste just like grape popsicles. Try it!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
                          It's already tomorrow in Australia!"----- Charles Schultz

Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

i eat fruit everyday, right now I'm eating a chinese pear! Mango, pawpaw, rockmelon and grapes are my favourites...apples and bananas I eat, but only out of necessity. They remind me too much of school lunches!

Is it true that bananas can cause constipation? My mum says this, but I hadnt heard it before.

Comment

I would love to go Back to Guam just for the Mangoes! Wonder if I could grow them in a greenhouse?
                              T-10 complete
                              10/08/01

Comment

Working...
                              X