cumin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cumin

hmm i reading about heard how several use in chili so as i am reading i see that it also say bring down

Highlights

•Cumin has a potential to increase the effect of hypo caloric diet in overweight/obese women.
    •This study showed beneficial effect of cumin on lipid profile.
    •Cumin powder in a hypo caloric diet has not additive effect on reducing fasting blood glucose.

plus thoughts i just might try it in yogart

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...668?via%3Dihub

In yogurt??? Good luck with that. I love cumin in beans or lentils, but have never experimented with other foods.

Comment

i just read it curious i put it my chili and deer burger but,,,,,,,,,

Comment

I have a friend from the middle east who uses cumin mixed into yogurt to make a dip for raw vegetables, to dress falafel and vegetable pita sandwiches. If she is in a hurry she uses cumin powder, but often she will toast coriander seeds and then grind them with a mortar and pestle or an electric spice grinder and mix into strained (straining removes liquid from the yogurt, making what is sometimes called yogurt cheese) plain yogurt, a little lemon juice, salt and pepper, and ground cumin. Or you can mix it up a bit more by adding some roasted garlic, dijon mustard, perhaps some olive oil to thin the dip out for a salad dressing, some sour cream to reduce some of the "yogurty" taste. I suspect you could go toward Indian cuisine and serve as a condiment to curry dishes.

NL

Comment

Working...
        X