Dried plum diet prevents spinal cord injury‐related bone loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dried plum diet prevents spinal cord injury‐related bone loss

https://www.news-medical.net/news/20201006/Dried-plum-diet-prevents-spinal-cord-injurye28090related-bone-loss.aspx

"Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Interesting
    I’d love to see studies in humans
    pbr
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

"Following the animal study, a pilot clinical trial providing SCI patients with dried plum did not show bone response among those experiencing SCI years prior to the trial. However, investigators indicate that additional research is needed among patients immediately following SCI to determine if dried plum can mitigate the loss of bone and bone strength as it did in the newly injured mice.”

I think it is worth trying again however

Injured on July 8th 2017 at 28 years old.
      Fractured C4 - C7, Incomplete.

Facebook Email

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that dried fruits were all sugars. Now, I will add dried prunes to my diet.

Comment

Dried plums- aren't they prunes? Prunes have sorbitol in them. a sugar-alcohol which can be quite a bowel stimulant. Prevent bone loss in SCI? have to think more about that. Thanks
          CWO
          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Working...
          X