Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food: probably the least interest of this sci

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Random View Post
    We all should have an an nl
    Maybe gjnl must conceal his spinal challenges, or maybe a kind anonymous contributor, or maybe is in witness protection, you must protect your true identity on CC , it's a haven for identity theft.

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
      Maybe gjnl must conceal his spinal challenges, or maybe a kind anonymous contributor, or maybe is in witness protection, you must protect your true identity on CC , it's a haven for identity theft.
      The internet is a challenging place. When you have one on one contact with someone, you can catch the nuances of their comments from their body language, facial expressions etc. Without that context Tim C., it is difficult to know if you are being sincere or having me on. That said, I operate way under the radar on line. This is the only public forum in which I participate and I have pared down my profile on this site to the bare minimum. Care Cure Community, as I am reminded everyday that I sign in is not a secure website. If you are having a lark at my expense...okay...why...who knows.

      Yes Random, everyone should have an NL...but I won't share.


      SCI and little interest in food.
      Last edited by gjnl; 15 Jun 2019, 3:55 PM.

      Comment


        #18
        I love food. I love the taste of food, spices, scents, nuances. My whole life was a bottle with food, consuming too much of it, craving carbs. Adopting a whole foods, organic, hormone free, low-carb diet extinguished that battle and made me feel good. Gaining swallowing difficulties really sealed the deal. I eat very small bites, and really chew each bite and taste it. I love food and enjoy it but don’t eat that much, and I’m happy to have arrived at this detente with food. It’s more than a detente in fact. Only because I haven’t slept much, I will venture to say that we are allies in pleasure. I am fully prepared for you to make fun of me.
        Last edited by Random; 15 Jun 2019, 11:12 AM.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Random View Post
          I love food. I love the taste of food, spices, scents, nuances. My whole life was a bottle with food, consuming too much of it, craving carbs. Adopting a whole foods, organic, hormone free, low-carb diet extinguished that battle and made me feel good. Gaining swallowing difficulties really sealed the deal. I eat very small bites, and really chew each bite and taste it. I love food and enjoy it but don’t eat that much, and I’m happy to have arrived at this detente with food. It’s more than a detente in fact. Only because I haven’t slept much, I will venture to say that we are allies in pleasure. I am fully prepared for you to make fun of me.
          Sounds like a perfectly healthy, rational approach to eating to me.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Gearhead View Post
            All I know is pre injury, my stomach would feel hunger, post injury it doesn't. Glucose level has always been normal.
            Me too Gearhead, drives my wife nuts, she is a true foodie and an outstanding cook. I still get to enjoy her great meals, I am just never hungry, which kinda degrades the experience, used to enjoy the foreplay of meals with her, having the hunger for the upcoming meal being part of the lead up. Just like sex, this damn injury can interfere in all aspects of life. Luckily, my best friend and his wife are foodies too, so when we get together they get to do a group hug on meal prep, and start talking about the next meal before we even finish this one.
            "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

            Comment


              #21
              gjnl
              there are far more interesting things to laugh at in life
              no fret , Your secret is safe with me

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Random View Post
                I love food. I love the taste of food, spices, scents, nuances. My whole life was a bottle with food, consuming too much of it, craving carbs. Adopting a whole foods, organic, hormone free, low-carb diet extinguished that battle and made me feel good. Gaining swallowing difficulties really sealed the deal. I eat very small bites, and really chew each bite and taste it. I love food and enjoy it but don?t eat that much, and I?m happy to have arrived at this detente with food. It?s more than a detente in fact. Only because I haven?t slept much, I will venture to say that we are allies in pleasure. I am fully prepared for you to make fun of me.
                What is to make fun of?
                im the only synical asshole

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by gjnl View Post
                  The internet is a challenging place. When you have one on one contact with someone, you can catch the nuances of their comments from their body language, facial expressions etc. Without that context Tim C., it is difficult to know if you are being sincere or having me on. That said, I operate way under the radar on line. This is the only public forum in which I participate and I have pared down my profile on this site to the bare minimum. Care Cure Community, as I am reminded everyday that I sign in is not a secure website. If you are having a lark at my expense...okay...why...who knows.

                  Yes Random, everyone should have an NL...but I won't share.


                  SCI and little interest in food.
                  I love to read what you post you are to me anyway very caring and share a wealth of knowledge

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
                    What is to make fun of?
                    im the only synical asshole
                    It is cynical...And I don't think you are an asshole.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      I have the small inclination, navel to tits so I am seldom full craving. I need to cause myself to eat. BM at regular intervals, if not, I take stool conditioner on day 4 day 5 have BM (excruciating now and again). I saw medications symptoms and continuously eliminated whatever number as could be expected under the circumstances that caused the stoppage. I eat as much natural product/melon, servings of mixed greens, grain and milk as I can. Took me quite a long while to learn entrail the board.

                      Comment


                      • Tim C.
                        Tim C. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        OK, JUST ABOUT to light off the celebration for your digging out and responding to an old post when I suddenly came to this ;
                        '' Took me quite a long while to learn entrail the board''
                        excuse my naivety, just dun't know what the BM this means Joe?.

                      • Tim C.
                        Tim C. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        OK, JUST ABOUT to light off the celebration for your digging out and responding to an old post when I suddenly came to this ;
                        '' Took me quite a long while to learn entrail the board''
                        excuse my naivety, just dun't know what the BM this means Joe?.

                      • Tim C.
                        Tim C. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        OK, JUST ABOUT to light off the celebration for your digging out and responding to an old post when I suddenly came to this ;
                        '' Took me quite a long while to learn entrail the board''
                        excuse my naivety, just dun't know what the BM this means Joe?.
                    Working...
                    X