Fourth Harvest and Roasted Tomatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fourth Harvest and Roasted Tomatoes

NL planted 6 tomato plants this spring. The whole tomatoes in the bowls and the roasted tomatoes represent her 4th harvest...more to come. The roasted tomatoes will be processed through a food mill to create a roasted tomato sauce with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and basil. Then she freezes portions of sauce in freezer bags. We will have lots of fresh roasted tomato sauce for the "long hard winter."
    Attached Files

Oooooh, GJ, my mouth is watering! How gorgeous those tomatoes are! You will indeed be all set for next winter, with such a harvest. Beautiful countertop, too.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Yum!

Comment

Delicious!
        Garden tomatoes are heavenly.

Comment

Ready for Sunday lunch with Italian sausages and pasta. Guess I should have posted in Food...but this is living life!

Wish you could share the aromas in the kitchen!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by gjnl; 20 Sep 2018, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Same here - wish I could smell those aromas!
            MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

Awesome. Nothing, I mean nothing beats fresh tomatoes from the garden.
              I refuse to tip toe through life, only to arrive safely at death.

Comment

That looks amazing!
                CCS/Walker C6...it's a long story

Comment

Guess it was an imperative that a moderator moved this to Food from Life...whatever! Isn't that just special!

Comment

Nothing is as good as good tomatoes in season. I'm sad the season is just about ending now. In the peak of summer I had such a great meal with fresh tomatoes and pasta. Those tomatoes and that sauce you have look wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                    X