Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice. great thread
    Originally posted by Smashms View Post
    down another 2.6 pounds this week making total loss 21 pounds so far.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

down another 2.6 pounds this week making total loss 21 pounds so far.
      That's excellent!
      MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

I just have to sing the praises of IF for losing belly fat. Even at my thinnest, I looked 20 lb heavier because of scoliosis and being stooped over, all organs pushed downward and sideways. Bloating and acid reflux were huge problems. After a few weeks on IF, which is basically a keto diet because the fast makes you burn fat instead of glucose, my abdomen is looking flatter than it has in years of only counting calories. My left leg has not been swollen since starting the IF plan. Keto breath is an issue, but breaking the fast early on days when I have appointments, etc. takes care of it. Only 2 more lb to lose and I'm actually having fun at this point. IF accommodates any dietary preference, just don't eat between certain hours or on specified days. It can be tailored and tweaked for any lifestyle, even on the fly when unexpected things come up. Slip-ups can be reversed right away. Big cheerleader here!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnette View Post
          I just have to sing the praises of IF for losing belly fat. Even at my thinnest, I looked 20 lb heavier because of scoliosis and being stooped over, all organs pushed downward and sideways. Bloating and acid reflux were huge problems. After a few weeks on IF, which is basically a keto diet because the fast makes you burn fat instead of glucose, my abdomen is looking flatter than it has in years of only counting calories. My left leg has not been swollen since starting the IF plan. Keto breath is an issue, but breaking the fast early on days when I have appointments, etc. takes care of it. Only 2 more lb to lose and I'm actually having fun at this point. IF accommodates any dietary preference, just don't eat between certain hours or on specified days. It can be tailored and tweaked for any lifestyle, even on the fly when unexpected things come up. Slip-ups can be reversed right away. Big cheerleader here!
          agreed, IF is a fantastic sustainable lifestyle. imo, especially well suited for SCI.
          ive had a few pm's asking me about my weekends and overall weekly cals. below is my "rough" breakdown.
          im maintaining now, but actually still losing so im tweaking my cals weekly to level out. yes, my metabalism has drastically increased from IF.

MWF[FAST DAYS 24 HR DINNER TO DINNER] 700 cal clean meal- dinner only
          t/th- 1200 clean cals
          sat/sun- 3800-4000 cals day. includes cocktails and ANY food i want, not clean at all.
          breakdown daily total- 1850 per day give or take 2-300 - im 6'2 46 yo 195 now.
          down 47 ish lbs....... once i level out i'll keep a 5lb buffer.
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
            agreed, IF is a fantastic sustainable lifestyle. imo, especially well suited for SCI.
            ive had a few pm's asking me about my weekends and overall weekly cals. below is my "rough" breakdown.
            im maintaining now, but actually still losing so im tweaking my cals weekly to level out. yes, my metabalism has drastically increased from IF.

t/th- 1200 clean cals
            sat/sun- 3800-4000 cals day. includes cocktails and ANY food i want, not clean at all.
            breakdown daily total- 1850 per day give or take 2-300 - im 6'2 46 yo 195 now.
            down 47 ish lbs....... once i level out i'll keep a 5lb buffer.
            That's great, having to tweak the plan in order to stop losing weight! My 5-lb margin will probably be reached next week, 2 to go. I'm going to have cocktails on that day, for sure!

Comment

t/th- 1200 clean calssat/sun- 3800-4000 cals day. includes cocktails and ANY food i want, not clean at all.
              breakdown daily total- 1850 per day give or take 2-300 - im 6'2 46 yo 195 now. down 47 ish lbs....... once i level out i'll keep a 5lb buffer.
              Couple questions. What fluids are allowed during the fasting? What are some of the 700 cal clean meals you eat MWF? How many clean meals do you eat on T/TH to equal 1200 cals?

Comment

sure hack.
                1. i only drink water and black coffee during the week.
                2. ex of clean meal.
                chicken stirfry-8 oz grilled chicken dry rub only-240 cals/ bag of riced cauliflower and sweet potato medley - 200 cals/ 2 wedges laughing cow cheese 120 cals/can of french cut green beans-60 cals=620 cals(best stir fried in skillet with soy sauce add cheese at end.)
                clean taco salad- 8 oz 93% ground beef 340 cals with dry taco seasoning/ lettuce 30 cals/ 3 tblsp parm cheese 66 cals/ 12 med black olives 40 cals/ 5 tblsp ortega taco sauce 50 cals

example of my 1200 cal day-
                -rx bar 210 cals (breakfast)
                -8oz pineapple 113(lunch)
                - 3 hard boiled eggs med 180 cals(lunch)
                - oikos triple zero yogurt 110 with 33g of pistachios 176(snack)
                - 8oz chicken 240 (dinner)
                - A1 on chicken 4tblsp 60(dinner)
                - 2 cans french cut green beans 135(dinner)
                total 1108 cals roughly

we also always keep megafit meals in freezer. super clean and around 5-600 cals per meal. solid macros. https://megafitmeals.com/
                we eat alot of chicken breast, eye of round roast(very lean beef), pork tenderloin, 93-96% ground beef.
                everything weighed and logged in my fitness pal app. i plan and log all my food that i will eat that day in the morning.

Originally posted by HACKNSACK44 View Post
                Couple questions. What fluids are allowed during the fasting? What are some of the 700 cal clean meals you eat MWF? How many clean meals do you eat on T/TH to equal 1200 cals?
                Bike-on.com rep
                John@bike-on.com

Comment

sure hack.
                  1. i only drink water and black coffee during the week.
                  2. ex of clean meal.
                  chicken stirfry-8 oz grilled chicken dry rub only-240 cals/ bag of riced cauliflower and sweet potato medley - 200 cals/ 2 wedges laughing cow cheese 120 cals/can of french cut green beans-60 cals=620 cals(best stir fried in skillet with soy sauce add cheese at end.)
                  clean taco salad- 8 oz 93% ground beef 340 cals with dry taco seasoning/ lettuce 30 cals/ 3 tblsp parm cheese 66 cals/ 12 med black olives 40 cals/ 5 tblsp ortega taco sauce 50 cals

example of my 1200 cal day-
                  -rx bar 210 cals (breakfast)
                  -8oz pineapple 113(lunch)
                  - 3 hard boiled eggs med 180 cals(lunch)
                  - oikos triple zero yogurt 110 with 33g of pistachios 176(snack)
                  - 8oz chicken 240 (dinner)
                  - A1 on chicken 4tblsp 60(dinner)
                  - 2 cans french cut green beans 135(dinner)
                  total 1108 cals roughly

we also always keep megafit meals in freezer. super clean and around 5-600 cals per meal. solid macros. https://megafitmeals.com/
                  we eat alot of chicken breast, eye of round roast(very lean beef), pork tenderloin, 93-96% ground beef.
                  everything weighed and logged in my fitness pal app. i plan and log all my food that i will eat that day in the morning.
                  Thanks for the information. I don't know if I can be that strict. What are your thoughts on doing a 14hr fast and eating the other 10hrs?

Comment

try it to see if it works for you. for me it wasnt enough. you really get the fat burning at around 18hrs.
                    Thanks for the information. I don't know if I can be that strict. What are your thoughts on doing a 14hr fast and eating the other 10hrs?
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com

Comment

try it to see if it works for you. for me it wasnt enough. you really get the fat burning at around 18hrs.
                      Is there a better time to eat?

Comment

not certain, i just know what works for me.
                        Is there a better time to eat?
                        Bike-on.com rep
                        John@bike-on.com

Comment

not certain, i just know what works for me.
                          Thanks again

Comment

down another 1.6pounds this week which means i can use the exsokeleton at therapy now.
                            T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Comment

down another 1.6pounds this week which means i can use the exsokeleton at therapy now.
                              Yay!!! This is wonderful news, Smashms! I am so excited and happy for you.

Comment

hell yah, awesome
                                Bike-on.com rep
                                John@bike-on.com

Comment

Working...
                                X