Calories and weight loss.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
    great to hear........awesome job. yes that book is great i have read it a few times now......she does a omad plan...

yep im maintaining now still playing with calories. doing 3 24 hr fasts currently.
    That's fantastic, congratulations!

I love how easily IF can be adapted. I'm basically combining the 16:8 and OMAD plans, plus calorie counting - 200 calories to break the fast at 11 AM, main meal of 600 calories between 2-3 PM, and 200 calorie snack at 7 PM - all bases covered. Weight loss is faster than on a restricted calorie diet by itself.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

Comment

question how you guys weight I just measure 3 diffetent spot every other week

Comment

Originally posted by vjls View Post
        question how you guys weight I just measure 3 diffetent spot every other week
        i have an overhead lift and hanging scale. i just subtract the sling weight and thats my weight.
        Bike-on.com rep
        John@bike-on.com
        c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
        sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

I have hoist scales and get weighed about every 1 -2 weeks. Weigh sling and clothes I will wear, usually my FES bike clothing and subtract the weight of this from the reading. I do 3 weighs as my scales vary. It is also important to always do it after bowel therapy if you want to check weight loss regularly.

I had a very good bowel movement today and had lost over 1kg on last Wednesday's reading, I'm sure that some of the loss is just from an empty bowel. Waist measurement was down 3cm as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mrb View Post
            I have hoist scales and get weighed about every 1 -2 weeks. Weigh sling and clothes I will wear, usually my FES bike clothing and subtract the weight of this from the reading. I do 3 weighs as my scales vary. It is also important to always do it after bowel therapy if you want to check weight loss regularly.

I had a very good bowel movement today and had lost over 1kg on last Wednesday's reading, I'm sure that some of the loss is just from an empty bowel. Waist measurement was down 3cm as well.
            oh yah, if im backed up it shows on the scale. empty bladder too. i cath about 600ml thats over 1 lb there.
            Bike-on.com rep
            John@bike-on.com

Comment

I bought the scales because of an undiagnosed pleural effusion, when I eventually ended up in hospital and they drained my chest over 3.5 litres of fluid came out. That equates to about 3.5kg so now if I had a major weight gain I'd probably get them to check my chest.

Comment

hmmm no scales but..... my leg measurement dow

I have the stupidest question for quads c6c7 are arms good but with riding bike get stronger ? my hands its all I can do to pick up a 3 ld wt

I get ask that all the time how strong it makes me can they

Comment

yep, count calories. use a tracker, I use my fitness pal. works great to maintain and stay accountable.
                  you can You can get more information here
                  Last edited by PN; 15 Sep 2018, 12:44 PM. Reason: advertising

Comment

i have lost 18 pounds since april using weight watchers online. works very well if you stay on program.
                    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Smashms View Post
                      i have lost 18 pounds since april using weight watchers online. works very well if you stay on program.
                      That's great! Congratulations!

Comment

easily maintaining 45lb loss with IF. Love the lifestyle.
                        bonnette, how u doing?
                        Bike-on.com rep
                        John@bike-on.com

Comment

easily maintaining 45lb loss with IF. Love the lifestyle.
                          bonnette, how u doing?
                          Doing great - lost the 10 and want to lose 5 more as a "margin." Keto breath is the only down side I've encountered, but that won't last much longer. This plan is so easy to stick to because the element of choice is controlled - it's gotten so I don't even think about food during the fast periods. Lots of energy. Those books you recommended are great. Congrats on being in maintenance mode, 45 lb down!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonnette View Post
                            Doing great - lost the 10 and want to lose 5 more as a "margin." Keto breath is the only down side I've encountered, but that won't last much longer. This plan is so easy to stick to because the element of choice is controlled - it's gotten so I don't even think about food during the fast periods. Lots of energy. Those books you recommended are great. Congrats on being in maintenance mode, 45 lb down!
                            great job, the 5 lb buffer is what i do too. i actually lost another 1.5 last week unintentionally so im still tweeking my maintenance cals a bit more.
                            and yes, ass breath here to on fast days.........
                            Bike-on.com rep
                            John@bike-on.com

Comment

great job, the 5 lb buffer is what i do too. i actually lost another 1.5 last week unintentionally so im still tweeking my maintenance cals a bit more.
                              and yes, ass breath here to on fast days.........
                              Those unintentional weight losses - or weeks when you lose more than you expect - really keep the incentive up. It's a nice surprise to find out you can eat more calories on your maintenance plan than you figured, too!

Comment

down another 2.6 pounds this week making total loss 21 pounds so far.
                                T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X