No announcement yet.

Do you eat meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

farrowing crates are not for torture, and they only live in them for farrowing, and ours were let out on nice days and to clean them twice a day. They went in on day 63 or 64 after the boar, or AI, but they have food, water, a fan or heater depending on the time of year, Almost everyone except the bigger Co-ops raised pigs that way, In farrowing crates, or farrowing huts if they were too big for a crate. The crate prevents the piglets from being crushed when the mother lays down.

Comment

Originally posted by -scott- View Post
      If God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.
      Hey, wachit! People are made out of meat.
      You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
      http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
      http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
        Hey, wachit! People are made out of meat.
        Perhaps, but we're at the top of the food chain.

Comment

Originally posted by -scott- View Post
          Perhaps, but we're at the top of the food chain.
          Tell that to the flesh eating bacteria.
          You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
          http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
          http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

sea food

Originally posted by Ah Lun View Post
            Are you a vegetarian? Do you eat meat?

Do you eat ducks, chickens, pigs, cows?

Do you eat dogs, cats?

If you eat meat, do you think that it is inhuman or brutal to kill and eat dogs, cats but it is ok to kill and eat ducks, chickens, pigs, cows?

Do you give fair and equal treatment to all the above animals? But they are all lives. Are they equal lives to you?
            What about fish, lobster (dropped into boiling hot water!), shrimp, salmon, tuna?

Ti
            "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

Two words why I could never consider being a vegetarian: PORK STEAK. I also eat chicken, beef, fish, and sea food (and other meats less often). I'm sure that there are measurable amounts of insect parts in the flour products I eat as well as rat feces (does it count as meat after it has left the animal? - does it matter if the rat also ate animal parts? - and what about the plants? They're not alive?).

I can't help it. My ancient ancestors started eating meat which allowed them to migrate to all parts of the earth. Eating meat is now part of my genetic makeup.
              TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                Meh. It is vegans/vegetarians who inevitably are the hypocrites. I stated my reason for not finding dog meat palpable, I find no hypocrisy in it. I forgot about horse meat, I hear it is pretty good and would certainly try it.

Sarah Mclaughlin sings some sad song and the TV shows sad pictures of abused puppies and kittens and people give more money to PETA than SCI research. Now THAT is reflective of what we have become as a species. A bunch of mindless idiots who get told what to think by a box on the wall of their house.
                First of all, my comment was not directed toward you. I was simply answering the question and stating my personal beliefs. Second of all, there is nothing hypocritical about who I am, nor am I a "mindless idiot" who sits drooling in front of the television. Please do not make erroneous, uneducated assumptions about me. The only thing you accomplished with your post was to expose your own ignorance.
                Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. - Carl Sagan

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. - Anne Frank

Comment

I'm a vegetarian, and because I don't see a difference between a cow and a dog is why I became one. I am a lacto vegetarian, I do consume dairy products. I try to stick to organic dairy products from free range cows because I do not agree with how dairy cows are frequently kept.

As a kid, I wouldn't eat specific meat like deer, rabbit, horse. I saw that as hypocritical to pick and choose which meat was ok for me to consume. The only way to not be hypocritical was to not eat meat at all and so I became a vegetarian. I have no problem with others eating meat, and vegetarians who try to preach and convert others bothers me almost as much as meat eaters who try to preach and covert me. (the difference being the meat eaters who do so are usually more aggressive and do things such as shove meat in my face)

I also personally disagree with vegetarians who try to place their moral beliefs onto pets and try to force vegetarian diets to carnivores. I'm a vegetarian, but I have a chest freezer to keep all the meat I feed my dogs. I've also cooked meat for others, I hosted christmas one year and made turkey and ham.
                  Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

Originally posted by Ptarzan80 View Post
                    First of all, my comment was not directed toward you. I was simply answering the question and stating my personal beliefs. Second of all, there is nothing hypocritical about who I am, nor am I a "mindless idiot" who sits drooling in front of the television. Please do not make erroneous, uneducated assumptions about me. The only thing you accomplished with your post was to expose your own ignorance.
                    Two parts. The second paragraph was just a rant on how underfunded SCI is, was not directed towards you at all. Sorry if in context it looks like it was.

As for the first paragraph it is a hard discussion to have without people without them getting defensive but I do find most vegans hypocrites. You ever watch a polar bear kill a seal, it is as brutal as it gets. My mom had a cat that would literally play with mice for a good half hour before killing it. Nature is "cruel" by a lot of definitions, but animals eat other animals. To think our species shouldn't ignores that we wouldn't be here having this conversation if our our ancestors ate only salad and nuts. It is impossible to live in this society without going full uni-bomber live in a shack in the woods without benefiting from the industrialization of livestock management. To go around thinking you are because you wear crocs and don't eat meat or dairy is... well I can't find another word than hypocritical. If you don't like meat, can't handle how meat is made that is one thing. It is when you layer a value judgement on other people that do is where I think its incorrect.

I am not attacking you personally, hypocrite has a more negative connotation than what I am trying to convey. Maybe "logical disconnect" would be better.

Comment

in my opinion, PETA and HSUS (peta-lite) are insanely hypocritical. They are supposed to be about better treatment for animals, yet believe that euthanization is better than an animal living as a domestic pet. They euthanize large amounts of animals every year. HSUS has no connection to local humane societies and do not help pets find homes. They are a political organization like PETA. They show up in front of the cameras at events like Katrina, while the local small organizations (local in the sense of local to the area, and local to other areas that travel during huge disasters) are the ones pulling pets out, getting them medical care, and reuniting them with their owners or finding new homes for them.

I do not have a problem with people who are members of PETA or donate if they know what they are donating to. In that case, we just disagree on whats best for the animals. I have a huge problem with the organizations presenting themselves as something they are not to get donations from people who don't know and never looked into them deeper. I have never and will never donate to either organization. I volunteer and donate to multiple small rescues and shelters.
                      Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Comment

I eat meat, mostly fish but I am fine with eating any animal that is tasty. I've heard that goats are pretty bad eating but I've heard good things about dog and especially horsemeat. I haven't had the opportunity to eat very many different animals or parts. So far I've had all the regulars - chicken, beef, pork etcetera but I've also had:

Snails, chicken's feet, cow brains, octopus (grew up on it, yum) ox tail, mussels (used to pick them off the rocks) frog - delicious, tastes like whitefish, hm what else? Hard to remember but I've always been an adventurous eater. I thinkanimals must be treated kindly and when done right, butchering is perfectly kind. See it done properly some time if you have the chance. Done right, the animal doesn't even know it's being slaughtered. Foi grois is disgusting. People who treat animals like that should go to jail. Glad my state outlawed it.

Comment

Goat isn't bad. I ate it a bunch in Jamaica.

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                            Goat isn't bad. I ate it a bunch in Jamaica.
                            Hm, last girlfriend said it was supposed to be bad, took her word. I always wanted to raise my own animals and harvest them. Not that I would here in San Francisco but it's actually in my lease that I cannot have any 'farm yard' animals.

I know you've got your Saturday restaurant picked out but wanna try Kam Po some time? The frog there is delicious. Not accessible but if you can climb a curb and come down, you can do the entrance. That place is an adventure.

Comment

I ate a huge leg of goat when I was in Acapulco. It was delicious.

Comment

I wish I could get affordable goat, I've fed it to my dogs a few times but it's so expensive. Different meats have different amounts of nutrients so that variety is really healthy.

Comment

Working...
                                X