Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by t8burst View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Keurig-B31BLAC...4273793&sr=8-7

This is the one I use now but mine is silver. I used to order coffee in bulk though it is cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/Keurig-B60-Spe...4273793&sr=8-1

I also have this one too. You can't have just one LOL.

Green Mountain coffees are by far my favorite brands.

I was noticing yesterday they have come out with iced versions of most of their coffees but I am not a fan.

I also have the reuseable basket.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

We are a big fan of the Keurig too. It's like having fresh brewed coffee, on-demand, with minimal cleanup involved.

I wasn't aware of the Keurig Vue. It looks nice, but at $249, I'll pass for now.

Comment

Tried one and it made the worst coffee I've ever had. Maybe the pre-made cups are better, but the my k cup device didn't work well for me. Most of the coffee had floated to the top and was still dry. The color looked about like tea and tasted like dirty water.
        Mine didn't come with any samples since it was on clearance shelf. It was also missing the regular holder so wrote if off as a waste to time and returned it. Now I just use a $15 "cordess" water heating kettle. The temperature comes out just right. I drip through a Melitta style cone paper filter lined with a fine screen filter. It's the best brewing system I've found. The screen filter keeps the coffee from clogging up the paper so the coffee can drip trough the paper faster. When you see what is left on the paper you'd never want to go with just a screen. The best thing is no scale to deal with like coffee maker.

Comment

MSspouse - I'm confused, did you just put the coffee grounds into the cup? Or did you just put them where the K-Cup would go? I'm not sure I'm clear on what part you were missing (the regular holder), could you elaborate?

The Keurigs still need to use a small, specially designed coffee filter if you don't have any K-Cups (see link in my first post in this thread), so it may be no wonder your coffee came out bad. When using a K-Cup or the special filters, I don't end up with coffee grounds in my cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
            MSspouse - I'm confused, did you just put the coffee grounds into the cup? Or did you just put them where the K-Cup would go? I'm not sure I'm clear on what part you were missing (the regular holder), could you elaborate? ...
            I used the the special container to brew your own ground coffee.
            http://www.keurig.com/accessories/my-k-cup
            I got that one with the coffee maker. What I didn't get was the regular k-cup holder.

I didn't get any grounds in the finished coffee. I'm saying that after brewing, I found most of the coffee in the my-k-cup container was pushed up against the lid and was still dry. It appeared the force of the water just cut a channel through the coffee, went straight to the bottom of the screen, and flow out. I tried a couple times with the same result. I did not try other brands. My wife likes Gevalia.

The missing holder was not a deal breaker. I had no intention of spending money on pre-packaged k-cups anyway. I was primarily interested because I liked the concept of having a separate water reserve. It's difficult for my wife to pour water into a conventional coffee maker. If the Keurig worked, it would have been the easiest and safest way for her to make coffee.

In the past I tried an undersink hot water dispenser. Eventually the water got to tasting very metallic. Should have known that was a bad idea with well water. They are basically a water heater holding a small volume of near boiling water that can never be cleaned. Some day I'll try something like a Zojirushi Hot Water Dispenser. But I'm concerned about the long term reliability for such an expensive item.

Comment

Originally posted by MSspouse View Post
              I used the the special container to brew your own ground coffee.
              http://www.keurig.com/accessories/my-k-cup
              I got that one with the coffee maker. What I didn't get was the regular k-cup holder.

I didn't get any grounds in the finished coffee. I'm saying that after brewing, I found most of the coffee in the my-k-cup container was pushed up against the lid and was still dry. It appeared the force of the water just cut a channel through the coffee, went straight to the bottom of the screen, and flow out. I tried a couple times with the same result. I did not try other brands. My wife likes Gevalia.
              Ohh, I see. I have read negative reviews of Keurig's own My K-Cup thing. I got one with my Keurig but have never used it, only used the ekobrew and Solofill (similar to ekobrew).

The hot water pitcher and pour-over method you use can be a great option, and some coffee nerds swear by the pour-over method because you have so much control over the coffee flavor. Too much work for me though.

Comment

Keurig rookie question. Is this little filter:

http://www.amazon.com/Ekobrew-Refill...+k-cup+brewers

better than:

http://www.amazon.com/Keurig-K-Cup-R...=keurig+filter

Comment

Never used the Kuerig one but the eco brew rocks.

Originally posted by Scaper1 View Post

Comment

Thanks much. I just bought my coffee-junkie sister one of the brewers, so I'd better get a filter too. Now off to find some K-cup deals.

Comment

Thanks much. I just bought my coffee-junkie sister one of the brewers, so I'd better get a filter too. Now off to find some K-cup deals.
                      Walmat has them the cheapest. If you are amazon prime, amazon has a ton of selection and reasonable prices if you get the free shipping.

Comment

Just as a follow up (since I started this thread a while ago) I frickin love my keurig. It is so sweet to have a fresh cup of coffee whenever I want and since I no longer can down a whole pot at once like I could pre-sci it is perfect for us intermittent cathers.

Comment

Which model did you get? Keurig has a nice rebate promotion going right now:

http://www.keurig.com/rebate

Comment

Which model did you get? Keurig has a nice rebate promotion going right now:

http://www.keurig.com/rebate
                            I have two:

- B60 http://www.amazon.com/Keurig-B60-Spe...rds=keurig+b60

Super extra primo good. I love it.

- B130 http://www.amazon.com/Keurig-B130-De...rig+single+cup

Not so great. For whatever reason the coffee from the B130 doesn't taste as strong as the exact same K-Cup from the 60. It is cool for the office but for home use I would recommend the 60 (or since it was a while ago maybe there is a newer model that is similar)

Comment

I've been using these Keurigs for years and encountered my first problem today, funny I should notice this thread. But the coffee was just barely dribbling out, the unit is a couple years old and I thought darn the pump must be shot, time for a new coffee maker. Well low and behold I did a google seach on this very problem and somebody recommended taking a paper clip end and jamming it up the coffee discharge nozzle, sure enough, there was coffee debris in there and the paper clip pushed it out. I then just ran it with hot water without a K cup and the hot water seemed to coming out like normal. Then popped in a K cup, and yep, it's back to working normal again. They say your suppose to descale these machines every now and then too by running vinager through them. Never done that and never had any problems not doing. That was going to be my next attempt if the paper clip idea did not work though.
                              "Life is about how you
                              respond to not only the
                              challenges you're dealt but
                              the challenges you seek...If
                              you have no goals, no
                              mountains to climb, your
                              soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
                                I've been using these Keurigs for years and encountered my first problem today, funny I should notice this thread. But the coffee was just barely dribbling out, the unit is a couple years old and I thought darn the pump must be shot, time for a new coffee maker. Well low and behold I did a google seach on this very problem and somebody recommended taking a paper clip end and jamming it up the coffee discharge nozzle, sure enough, there was coffee debris in there and the paper clip pushed it out. I then just ran it with hot water without a K cup and the hot water seemed to coming out like normal. Then popped in a K cup, and yep, it's back to working normal again. They say your suppose to descale these machines every now and then too by running vinager through them. Never done that and never had any problems not doing. That was going to be my next attempt if the paper clip idea did not work though.
                                There is also a little tiny brass filter under the intake at the bottom of the tank. Using the same paper clip method, clean out the filter (it does not come out) so you have to kind of dig around in the intake hole on the base of the unit. Do this especially if the 'drawing down' of the water from the fresh tank slows appreciably. You may also have to turn the machine upside down and sharply clap out the bubbles in the lines.
                                Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Comment

Working...
                                X