Red wine tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red wine tonight

Haven't drank for three weeks and was a bit tense. Finished off a bottle of port, not necessarily know for high resveratrol, but it does take a hella edge off.
    And the truth shall set you free.

More than a glass of red wine gives me a headache.

Comment

Red wine and dark chocolate combo will take off even more edge. (You don't have to eat the whole bar! Or finish the whole bottle!!)
      stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
        Red wine and dark chocolate combo will take off even more edge. (You don't have to eat the whole bar! Or finish the whole bottle!!)
        But it is more fun if you do. (until the next morning)
        Nothing like a good chocolate binge now and then to regret.

Comment

I actually don't drink but I have a funny story about red wine. I was staying in an extended stay hotel about a month ago and eating dinner there. Well, they had a clear pitcher of what looked to be cranberry juice. I got a 20 ounce cup and filled it to the top. I was excited as I don't get a lot of cranberry juice on the road. I gulped the whole thing down and then thought wow that is kind of sour and doesn't really taste like cranberry. It was a good night and I felt great for several hours afterwords.

It turns out it was wine from a box. The pitcher beside it wasn't lemonade either.
          Last edited by Patton57; 23 Feb 2012, 11:12 PM.

Comment

My arms are swoll. LOL
            And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

YAY for Wine! Me personally, I'm looking forward to Rum-day, I mean Friday! I plan to go a few rounds with Captain Morgan and diet cherry 7up!
              DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
                Haven't drank for three weeks and was a bit tense. Finished off a bottle of port, not necessarily know for high resveratrol, but it does take a hella edge off.
                I really don't consider port a red wine. Port has a whole lot more "octane" than a red wine. But, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

All the best,
                GJ

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
                  As long as you don't have a migraine

Comment

I've never had any cravings for sweets when I'm drinking. I lose all appetite for sweets as soon as I take the first drink.
                    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

RUM DAY has arrived! Hope your wine treated you right last night.
                      DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
                        I've never had any cravings for sweets when I'm drinking. I lose all appetite for sweets as soon as I take the first drink.
                        This is a perfect pairing with a glass of red.

stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

I like red wine because I don't have to pee like I do with beer. I can drink a bottle while peeing just once or twice.
                          www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
                            I am the same way, it's an offensive mixture to my taste buds!

Sadly enough though, due to whopper headaches after drinking, I rarely drink anymore. It's just not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by christopher View Post
                              I like red wine because I don't have to pee like I do with beer. I can drink a bottle while peeing just once or twice.
                              My body has the same reaction; I always found it weird. Nonetheless, it's great because ironically enough I discovered the world of wine just six months before my injury.
                              C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

Comment

Working...
                              X