what should I do with this shrimp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
    Dust those suckers heavily with Paul Prudhome's cajun spices and grill them. Heaven!
    Throw a layer of Tony Chachere's on them and drop them in a deep fryer (if you can stand the sneezing fits while preparing them LOL. My dad would start sneezing up a storm and I knew what was cooking)

Comment

Originally posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
      Use them sparingly. They are loaded with flavor and using more than a few seeds can overwhelm the dish. 4-6 seeds will impart a subtle, delightful taste to most shellfish. They are commonly used in Italian sausage.
      The only recipe I have used fennel seeds in previously is a pasta recipe from the New Basics cookbook that is one of my all time favorite recipes. I can send it if you like (I miss Wolfman, there has been a lack of good food discussions as of late)

Comment

yup, i miss his foody pics.

Comment

Shrimp has got to be one of my favorite foods! I love shrimp and grits.
          <- the most awesome Smile ever.

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
            (I miss Wolfman, there has been a lack of good food discussions as of late)
            I too have wondered where our Wolfman is. Has he been banished from the site given the tumult after a not to be mentioned relationship or has he just decided not to post of his own accord? Whatever, he is missed.

All the best,
            GJ

Comment

I could eat shrimp every day. All of the recipes sound great.
              What did you do Jody?
              Yes, I miss Wolfman's pictures and got a good grill potato idea from him.

Comment

Originally posted by gjnl View Post
                I too have wondered where our Wolfman is. Has he been banished from the site given the tumult after a not to be mentioned relationship or has he just decided not to post of his own accord? Whatever, he is missed.

All the best,
                GJ
                I am assuming a self imposed vacation from CareCure. He was not banned.
                Someone else needs to pick up a camera and cook!
                Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Originally posted by cheesecake View Post
                  I am assuming a self imposed vacation from CareCure. He was not banned.
                  Someone else needs to pick up a camera and cook!
                  I love to cook, but forget the camera. I am too old to multitask. lol
                  You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
                  http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
                  http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Great recipes!

My simple way to cook shrimp:

1) De-vein and butterfly the shrimp
                    2) Heat a pan - add butter, pepper, thyme (salt sub) and diced garlic
                    3) Add shrimp - remove the shrimp when "pink"
                    4) Squeeze lemon over the shrimp -- and serve over rice (a fav is basmati with saffron)

A recent discovery: Brown the diced garlic (you'll have to use more garlic and to dice the garlic into little tiny chunks) - remove it and place it on a napkin and soak out the butter -- and then, the garlic retains its "crunch" with a buttery taste

Then, when you serve the shrimp, you can sprinkle the garlic (which is a wee bit healthier than the bacon) on top of the shrimp.

Comment

Boil.
                      Water, beer a little white vinegar .
                      Old bay, old bay, old bay.

Clean, dust with.....old bay.

Boil only until pink remove and chill.

Cocktail sauce-ketchup horseradish , horseradish horseradish .........

BEER.

Be Big,
                      AMAC
                      L4/L5 CES

www.DRAFT.cc
                      http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1024602574

Messages from Alan Maccini and are produced utilizing voice recognition software. As a result of this on occasion a misrecognition of a word will occur and while spelled correctly will result in an unintended word appearing. We apologize for any errors.

Comment

Skewers do me fine I love wrapping them in bacon , veggie in between , or chicken nuggets ,

Ummmmm maybe tomorrow i'll cook up some Lg Shrimps Jody

Comment

cook? you have to cook them?
                          cauda equina

Comment

I love shrimps..anyway my wife do not do smth special with them, but I found 9 video recipes for you...you'll find them Here
                            but I would like to add, do not forget about a glass of good wine...it's a great addition to shrimps for dinner.
                            Last edited by Wise Young; 02-09-2012, 10:45 PM.
                            If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. And try to find somebody who's life is giving them vodka, and have a party. ~Ron White

Comment

put them on ice

And then mail them to me oh I love shrimp just toss them in some crab boil for a few minutes then dip em in butter sorry being from Mt. We rarely get fresh seafood.

Comment

A'la Diabla

1 28-oz Can tomato puree
                                2 medium red onions, divided
                                6 cloves garlic, minced
                                2 Guajillo chile peppers
                                5 Arbol chile peppers
                                5-10 Serrano chile peppers
                                1 teaspoon salt
                                2 pounds shrimp, shelled and deveined with tails

Boil the chiles in a large pot for about 10 minutes until soft. Remove and allow them to cool a bit. Remove the stems. Grind the chiles in a mortar and pestle, add to tomato puree.

Next slice the red onions. Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the onions and saute until golden brown. Stir in the shrimp, garlic and salt and cook for 2 minutes. Pour sauce over shrimp and let simmer for 5 to 8 minutes being careful not to overcook the shrimp. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve over rice with tortillas.

Comment

Working...
                                X