Grilled Lobster with Seafood Stuffing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled Lobster with Seafood Stuffing

We decided to take break from the smoker and meat today and try some traditional New England Seafood on the Weber charcoal grill. Lobsters were stuffed with a seafood stuffing made with scallops, panko, Ritz crackers, onion, celery, red pepper, Old Bay, lobster stock and butter. Lobsters were grilled over indirect heat for about 20 minutes. The steamers were steamed in Sam Adams Summer Ale beer seasoned with Old Bay and garlic. Corn on the cob was seasoned with butter, alder wood smoked salt and pepper and wrapped in foil.

My mouth is watering. Looks wonderful!!!
    Happy Fourth of July!!!!!

All the best,
    GJ

Comment

Gino!!! Your killing me! My fav!

You owe me one! )
      "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Comment

I'm a long way from my Atlantic Canada lobster! You're killing me as well! Love the stuffing idea.

Lobster was considered food for the poor in the 19th century in the Maritimes, fit for the Acadian families with their dozen kids. How times have changed

Comment

I don't even like seafood but that looks yummy. Hey you and Wolfe have the same grill (I think) lol.
          A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

I haven't had lobster since I was in Nova Scotia in 2001 - that looks awesome! My sister is headed out there on her motorbike with 2 other ladies ... they should be crossing the Bay of Fundy about now.

Thanks for the history lesson VanQuad - I had no idea!
            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Lobster is tops for me, but limited to very special occasions because of the price. Even clams are a luxury around here these day. I hope you enjoyed them as much as I would have!
              You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
              http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
              http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

You can tell you are a Bay Stater! What a wonderfully local and festive dinner!

Comment

Originally posted by Van Quad View Post
                  I'm a long way from my Atlantic Canada lobster! You're killing me as well! Love the stuffing idea.

Lobster was considered food for the poor in the 19th century in the Maritimes, fit for the Acadian families with their dozen kids. How times have changed
                  My Irish grandma thought eating lobster's to be peasant food, and corn on the cobb was only for cattle from her perspective. How things have changed!

Comment

I am not trying to kill anybody, lol, just inspire them! It was a great meal enjoyed on our patio with great weather. Well worth the effort to do ourselves.

GJ - Happy 4th to you as well!

SRASR - Get on a plane and fly up, I'll be glad to make you some.

Van Quad - The stuffing is great. I use whatever seafood is reasonable and fresh. Instead of scallops use fresh lump crab meat or shrimp or even a combo of all 3. I also use the stuffing in flounder, topped on salmon or other fish. Lobster truly has come a long way since the 19th century!

wtf - Wolfie and I do have Weber grills wth cast iron Craycort grates. I switched to the Craycort grates at Wolfies recommendation, they are great. Weber's are the preferred grill of charcoal diehards!

lynnifer - Your sister must be having a blast up in NS. I did that trip about 10 years ago. The Bay of Fundy is amazing to watch a 40 foot tide empty the bay in 6 hours. There is some awesome seafood to be had up there as well!

SCI55 - We have been blessed here in MA with an adundant supply of lobster north of the Cape Cod for the past few years keeping the prices around $4.99 a lb in summers to $12.99 in the winter. The steamer clams are from Maine and were $3.99 a lb! The clams are not as plentiful as they used to due to Red Tide and pollution. We try to enjoy as many lobsters as we can during the summer months.

Eileen - Thanks, it was a great festive dinner.

Comment

Gino, I'd crawl a mile for one bit of that!!! EXCELLENT!!! Good choice of beer too!!
                      Larry
                      ------
                      Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Comment

Yum Yum

can smell it already

Comment

Originally posted by Van Quad View Post

LOL -

one of my neighbors used to work for a seafood distributor in Bradley Beach - jersey Shore.
                          I used to find gifts of lobster claws on my patio all the time. Tails were the money makers.

Of course he don't do that any more - and my mouth is watering like everyone elses.

Comment

• Dirt-cheap because they were so copious, lobsters were routinely fed to prisoners, apprentices, slaves and children during the colonial era and beyond. In Massachusetts, some servants allegedly sought to avoid lobster-heavy diets by including stipulations in their contracts that they would only be served the shellfish twice a week.
                            http://www.history.com/news/2011/06/...bster-history/

according to this article, lobster did not become popular until the 1880s. It's weird to think that people's tastes could change so much. I guess it's true that familiarity does breed contempt.
                            Last edited by Wesley; 5 Jul 2011, 7:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X