Frozen Margaritas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frozen Margaritas

Anyone have good explicit recipe for frozen margaritas? I am a very bad bartender, and most things i've ever made are disgusting. I've looked it up and cant decide what exactly to use for best taste, least hangover.

I want to make a pitcher! thanks

Mmmmmmm-I'm sure you do want a pitcher of margaritas to souse....I mean douse yourself in. That will cool your fever.
    Are you making VIRGIN margaritas? Some shaved ice,a bit of sour and strawberries.

Comment

No the real thing linda, i need explicit directions, liquors etc. from an experienced woman such as yourself

ps. What does Virgin mean? I am not understanding the liquor humor

Comment

Try this website Mary, it gives you the basics.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/easy-frozen-margaritas/

Comment

Non alcoholic=vigin.
          I haven't made them for so long. Some of the bottled mixes (Jose Ceuervo-s?p) with ice in the blender are not bad. One bottle, some ice, a blender and a pitcher.
          Back when I bartended eons ago we used 2 parts tequila, one part triple sec, sour and ice. Some people liked to use Rose's lime juice.

Comment

Give this a try: (featured on FoodNetwork's Unwrapped and available at Sam's Club Stores, Beverages and More, and many supermarkets and liquor stores):
            "On the Border" Frozen Margarita Mix (it comes in a bucket)
            Remove the bag, open and pour out contents.
            Add 750 ml. of Cuervo Especial Tequila
            Let freeze overnight.
            The next day prepare course salted rim on glass and ladle in contents. This does not have that slurpy slush consistency. It's more like a granulated ice and it keeps the drink cold and flavorful.
            Add in a splash of room temperature Cointreau. (This helps break down a bit of the ice and adds an additional sweet taste.)

On the Border Margarita Mix:
            The mix comes in a three quart plastic tub. The mix is in a plastic pouch inside the tub. You open the pouch and pour it into the tub. Then add a bottle (750 ml) of tequilla and put it into the freezer. The next day you will have frozen margaritas. To make a margarita on the rocks just scoop some of the frozen stuff into a microwave safe glass and melt it. Add ice.
            The neat thing about this product is that you can keep it in the freezer and serve the margaritas either frozen or on the rocks almost instantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liLY3DBNBd0

Salud!
            GJ
            Last edited by gjnl; 16 Jun 2011, 7:19 PM.

Comment

buy the frozen cocentrate juice at supermaket, dump that in, add half bottle tequila, fill with ice, blend

by the third or fouth pitcher, will be perfect
              We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
              Ronald Reagan

Comment

I like approximately 2:1:1 (two parts good-quality white tequila: triple sec: fresh lime juice) plus a splash of fresh orange juice. I usually pour the tequila and lime parts a little light and the triple sec a little heavy, if that makes sense.

Add some ice and fire up the blender. You can vary the amount of ice depending on how strong you want the drinks to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley View Post
                  I like approximately 2:1:1 (two parts good-quality white tequila: triple sec: fresh lime juice) plus a splash of fresh orange juice. I usually pour the tequila and lime parts a little light and the triple sec a little heavy, if that makes sense.

Add some ice and fire up the blender. You can vary the amount of ice depending on how strong you want the drinks to be.
                  this sounds good wesley, what are kind of tequila and triple sec, so not hangover. orange juice sounds good instead of mix. i dont like all the sugar.

Comment

Sorry sweet girl, you can't avoid death, and you can't avoid the hangover.
                    You play, you're gonna pay

Originally posted by marycsm77 View Post
                    this sounds good wesley, what are kind of tequila and triple sec, so not hangover. orange juice sounds good instead of mix. i dont like all the sugar.
                    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
                      Sorry sweet girl, you can't avoid death, and you can't avoid the hangover.
                      You play, you're gonna pay
                      LOL, thanks rdf, at least i know what i'm in for. I've never made them, i've had them of course, but i figured better liquor, less hangover, i guess i'll see.

Comment

alcohol gives your hangover, no doubt about it. Triple sec is a pretty generic material. I don't think there's particularly a high quality or low quality triple sec.

I usually just get Jose Cuervo. Just not the yellow stuff!

do you like salt on the rim? I do

Comment

Originally posted by brucec View Post
                          buy the frozen cocentrate juice at supermaket, dump that in, add half bottle tequila, fill with ice, blend

by the third or fouth pitcher, will be perfect

Comment

I like the frozen margarita mix you get in the frozen juice section. it has destructions for using rum, or tequila, but the tequila is better. dont forget to put sea salt on the rim.

to me margarita just tastes ofcalifornia. the citrus, the salt and the jose....cali.

Comment

Cuervo makes a pre-mixed margarita w/tequila, put in fridge, serve with ice, nice...

Comment

Working...
                              X