Lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch

For those of you that carry a lunch to school, work or wherever, what do you carry your lunch in? This upcoming fall semester, I'll be spending alot of time on campus and I want to bring my own lunch but I'm wondering what to carry it in.
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Do you have a wheelchair backpack or underseat shelf? That would be the best place to carry it. I use an insulated lunch bag (adding a small pack of "blue ice" if needed) that I bought at Target for this. Not expensive, and it keeps food cold for the whole day.

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

If it was UBC...

Comment

You can hang this from your push handles if you have them, and you can buy a matching color backpack too.

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/62850?feat=846-GN1

Comment

I just put a Tupperware (or 2, depending on what's for lunch) in my backpack.

Comment

Originally posted by wtf View Post
            For those of you that carry a lunch to school, work or wherever, what do you carry your lunch in? This upcoming fall semester, I'll be spending alot of time on campus and I want to bring my own lunch but I'm wondering what to carry it in.
            but every once in a while, just take some cash and eat out and see who you meet!
            We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
            Ronald Reagan

Comment

While at the Shepherd Center my OT recommended the Bento Box. It's an insulated soft pack square that comes with various size lead free containers that you can exchange according to what you are packing. It's been great in keeping things cold for up to 8/10 hours, then the containers are microwave safe for things such as soup. Fits easily into my scooter back pack. Cost me about $25.00
              Last edited by Patty41; 31 May 2011, 9:24 PM.

Comment

I can't go on enough about the value of a huge purse! (Marni balloon bag!)
                Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

I use reusable tupperware and carry it in this: http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/...ssic-messenger

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
                    I use reusable tupperware and carry it in this: http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/...ssic-messenger
                    this doesn't by any chance attach to your backrest??
                    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                      I can't go on enough about the value of a huge purse! (Marni balloon bag!)
                      holy $800 minimum.
                      An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

Pardon me ... REPLICA Marni balloon bag! lol
                        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by feisty View Post
                          this doesn't by any chance attach to your backrest??
                          No. I carry it in my lap. I do have a thule backpack that I sometimes use. It works great for wheelchairs, its narrow and there are no pads on the shoulder straps. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Patty41 View Post
                            While at the Shepherd Center my OT recommended the Bento Box. It's an insulated soft pack square that comes with various size lead free containers that you can exchange according to what you are packing. It's been great in keeping things cold for up to 8/10 hours, then the containers are microwave safe for things such as soup. Fits easily into my scooter back pack. Cost me about $25.00
                            I did a search on bento boxes and I like them, good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by brucec View Post
                              but every once in a while, just take some cash and eat out and see who you meet!
                              I like your thinking brucie. My math study buddy bought me lunch before we studied and the food looked good but it really wasn't that great. So I thought this upcoming semester I'll just pack my own lunch.

Comment

Working...
                              X