Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avocado Boats

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Avocado Boats

    Another new recipe I tried last night- perfect hot weather food. The hot salsa with the avocado to cool it off- it was amazingly good.


    Avocado Boats
    Prep Time- fifteen minutes or less
    Cook Time- none
    Feeds- 1-2

    Ingredients:
    1 ripe avocado
    1/2 tomato, diced
    1/4c thinly sliced onion
    2tbsp salsa (your choice)
    1/4 c petit diced romaine lettuce.
    1tsp Braggs Liquid Aminos (or 1tbsp soy sauce in a pinch)
    pinch of pepper
    hot sauce to taste

    Mix tomato, onion, Bragg's and pepper in a bowl. Mix and let sit for 10 minutes.

    Cut avocado in half, remove pit. In the hollow left by the pit- place the tomato/onion mixture. Spoon salsa on top along with lettuce. Drip some hot sauce on if you like.

    Serve immediately.

    #2
    Sounds yummy! I would also experiment with adding some small salad shrimp for additional protein.

    (KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

    Comment


      #3
      Sounds really good BlueRing! Love avocados. I would love to see some more vegetable/vegetarian recipes here! Would love to share some but alas i am not particularly a good cook. I eat pretty well but also pretty plain.
      Last edited by marycsm77; 19 Apr 2011, 10:43 PM.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by marycsm77 View Post
        Sounds really good BlueRing! Love avocados. I would love to see some more vegetable/vegetarian recipes here! Would love to share some but alas i am not particularly a good cook. I eat pretty well but also pretty plain.
        Hubbs is a vegan and I love veggies so we have tons of recipes for veggie stuff. I like very basic food- nothing too fancy so I collect VERY easy recipes. Especially with this raw food- not even any cooking so it's real hard to mess up; perfect for a bumbling cook like me

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by BlueRing View Post
          Hubbs is a vegan and I love veggies so we have tons of recipes for veggie stuff. I like very basic food- nothing too fancy so I collect VERY easy recipes. Especially with this raw food- not even any cooking so it's real hard to mess up; perfect for a bumbling cook like me
          OMG BlueRing, Congrats on quiting smoking! How do you feel?

          Keep the recipes coming when you can! I need some

          Comment


            #6
            We have got to start eating better.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by marycsm77 View Post
              OMG BlueRing, Congrats on quiting smoking! How do you feel?

              Keep the recipes coming when you can! I need some
              Thanks! I feel good. I'm using Nicorette gum so I feel kindof like I'm cheating but heck, at least I'm not smoking and putting those chemicals in me. I am starting to breathe better, which is nice. Really like not smelling like smoke all the time.

              I'll keep the recipes coming

              Comment


                #8
                Yum! This sounds great! I need to keep a list of recipes I want to try posted on my fridge, then when I'm meal planning or ready to go shopping I can remember I want to buy stuff for that.

                Anyone else ever buy ingredients and then forget what you planned to make?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by jgrant27 View Post
                  Yum! This sounds great! I need to keep a list of recipes I want to try posted on my fridge, then when I'm meal planning or ready to go shopping I can remember I want to buy stuff for that.

                  Anyone else ever buy ingredients and then forget what you planned to make?

                  I make a weekly menu so no....but something I do is post the recipes on my email scheduler calender....sometimes near the day I'd like to try them. Fun to see a surprise recipe pop up!
                  Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I forget all the time but then again, I'm a horrible planner! I just go to the store and buy any produce I see that catches my eye. I just bought a dehydrator and I think I'm in love with it. Trying to lose weight (still..sigh) so instead of thinking 'I can't have this, that or those', I think 'I can have ANYTHING in the produce section I want'. Really opens up my choices- and I've found TONS of food I never knew I liked. Like butternut squash, chinese cabbage and those tiny bananas. Yum!

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X