How many meals a day do you eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many meals a day do you eat?

I roughly have two meals a day, with five tortillas. Its hard to hold back on my moms cooking. Just wondering how many meals a day do you have?

tortillas are good but 5 are too many. I eat breakfast, lunch and dinner but these are small meals. And I snack in between whatever - peanuts, popcorn, candy, apples etc.....
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

I eat around 2000 calories a day with all snacks, protein supplements and meals. Usually 1-2 full meals a day.

Comment

I usually skip breakfast. Yeah, yeah, I know, breakfast is the most important meal, blah blah. The truth is, in the morning my stomach needs time to wake up. I fail to see how anyone can get out of bed and start eating twenty minutes later. I eat a snack (usually a piece of fruit or a bowl of soup) at around 10 AM, and then a hot meal at noon.

I eat more fruit throughout the afternoon, as the mood or the hunger strike me. Occasionally, maybe twice a week, I'll grab for some chips or a piece of chocolate. Sometimes, I'll eat a cheese sandwich in the evening.

Comment

Protein skake for breakfast
          Sandwich or salad for lunch
          Yogurt or fruit for snack
          Fish, chicken, or lean beef for dinner with veggie
          DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Comment

Fruit or oatmeal for breakfast, I also can not eat right away in morning

Any kind of salad for lunch,(taco salad one of favorites).or homemade soup.

Trying not to eat so much meat so cutting down on my proportion no bigger than the palm of my hand. Prefer to cook on outside grill it just tastes better. Love to put asparagus on grill also.

Cutting to the chase (sorry) that usually makes 3.
            JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

Comment

i eat 2 meals. lunch about 1 then have to lay down for about 2 hours due to back pain then i will eat a little snack 7 or 8 then eat something before bed.
              Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

Comment

I usually only eat 2 meals as well. Altho I worry about not getting enough protein, so I will try to snack on something with protein during the day.
                T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

3 meals

For me breakfast is a must. Usually sausage/bacon, egg and whole grain toast. Occasionally I have oatmeal with raisins or other dried fruit when the weather is cold.

Lunch is light. Something like a hotdog, sandwich, or one of those la menue-type microwave meals. When it is cold, I often have a bowl of soup.

Mid-afternoon fruit snack. Whatever looked good at the supemarket.

Dinner is usually a meat or fish, veggie, and carbohydrate such as potatoes, rice or noodles. Always a small mixed salad. About 4 oz. of red wine. Deserts only on holidays and sparingly then.

Evening snack is usually a chocolate (dark).

I average about 2000 calories a day using portion control. Usually I fix my own breakfast and lunch, and my wife and I take turns preparing dinner.
                  You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
                  http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
                  http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

I eat27,000 Calories at breakfast that is 30 sunnyside up eggs , 3 1/2 lb hersheys bars , a small container of lard for spread on my bread slices Being I only eat 1/2 loaf at breakfast
                    5 glasses of milk and then of course my 2 bags of ruffles potato chips

Lunch comes I have 1 pound of ice cream
                    Dinner I only eat the fatty parts of briscuits and fried chicken skin side plate usually a bag of pork rinds etc...

Uggg what a horrible diet that would be
                    Just Joking

lol
                    I actually eat like minimal and have a small appetite

Comment

1-2 times a day, sometimes none for a day or two.
                      usually get full fast.

Comment

5...snack is 6 th time,but not meal
                        breakfast 9 am- oatmeal,banana,and blueberries or strawberries,water

lunch noon- grilled chicken breast, or can white tuna in water, brown rice, or 1/2 yam, asparagus or brocoli, baby carrots,small whole wheat pita,water

pre workout-3-4pm - peanutbutter/jelly sandwich on whole wheat

post workout 4-5pm- hard boiled egg or 1/2 chicken breast, handful of veggies(asparagus brocoli carrots)

dinner 8pm - 3 nights grilled chicken breast, 1 night-fish(salmon/tilapia), 1 night- a lean steak, 1 night-whole wheat pasta...sides - brown rice,yam,asparagus,brocoli,green beans,small whole wheat pita,water

snack 10pm- oatmeal squares (a cereal made from oats) very healthy
                        - Rolling Thru Life -

Comment

Ryan's typical day looks like this:

Brunch (1 hour after waking up-not an early riser): either oatmeal w/blueberries, craisins, cinnamon, nutmeg and agave or egg burrito with two eggs, sharp cheddar, salsa, on whole grain tortilla.

Afternoon-after therapy-: Organic yogurt with fruit or apple or carrots

Dinner: Whatever I make. Includes Lean protein (lots of chicken or ground turkey in my house) whole grains and at least 2 veggies (1 may be tossed salad). Everything from scratch-no processed food.

Snack: Leftovers or yogurt smoothie with banana & berries.

--eak
                          Elizabeth A. Kephart, PHR
                          mom/caregiver to Ryan-age 21
                          Incomplete C-2 with TBI since 3/09

Comment

Three big and two smalls. I try at least.

Today I did eat two slice of rye bread with clove cheese for breakfast, 2 tomatoes for a small meal, dinner roast pork, sauerkraut and vegetables, coffee with one rye bread again as a small meal, and now I have plans to eat the evening food, rye bread with mackerel in tomato sauce on.

I know it is too little food, but I want to loose but it is impossible. I eat the rye bread now because I got if from Finland two days ago and it is getting old but we use to eat at least two meals a day with some kind of sandwich and only one hot meal. And something small between as you call snack and we call middle meal.
                            TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

After my small Breakfast I still kinda feel a little bloated

Comment

Working...
                              X