Cauliflower Rice Recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cauliflower Rice Recipes?

Online they basically say just nuke it for 5 minutes and add salt and whatever else you want to mix in with it.

Any other ideas?
    And the truth shall set you free.

Don't you need to run it through a food mill or something first?

Comment

Originally posted by Katja View Post
      Don't you need to run it through a food mill or something first?
      Sorry, yes food processor first. But then then the instructions were, nuke for five minutes, add seasoning.

Comment

Sounds blah. Are you looking for a non-carb that sort of seems like a carb? Cauliflower is much nicer lightly breaded & grilled. You can bread it with non-wheat products.

Comment

Originally posted by Scaper1 View Post
          Sounds blah. Are you looking for a non-carb that sort of seems like a carb? Cauliflower is much nicer lightly breaded & grilled. You can bread it with non-wheat products.
          Scaper

What type of "diet" or health regime to you follow, you seem by your posts always either making healthy meals or revising ones that are not as healthy? If you wouldn't mind sharing? Mediterranean like, vegetarian?

Comment

If you're looking for 'mashed potatoes' or even 'riced potatoes' out of cauliflower, simply steam until tender and either mash them or put them through a ricer and season to taste.

Depending on what you're looking for, add a little milk, butter, salt, pepper and some granulated garlic for a simple mock mashed potato.

If you want something lighter, mash or run through a ricer with a little EVOO, garlic and salt and pepper.

Bottomline, steam until tender whether in a microwave or stove top and go from there and make what you want with them. You could even do a pilaf.......use your imagination.

P.S. Leave the food processor wherever you store it. Using a food processor will ruin the consistency of the cauliflower. Steam just until tender and go from there.
            Last edited by WolfeMan; 2 Jan 2011, 6:08 PM.
            Larry
            ------
            Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Comment

Noted wolfie.

See, I haven't used the minced cauliflower as a rice substitute as yet. I was planing on 1) Food processing the cauliflower spices etc. together. 2) Letting the "rice" sit covered overnight as to absorb the spices and then 3) Roasting the "rice" on aluminum foil in the oven until crispy.

You're thinking no?

Joe

Comment

Batter, deep fry and drench in ranch dressing........

Comment

Originally posted by marycsm77 View Post
                  Scaper

What type of "diet" or health regime to you follow, you seem by your posts always either making healthy meals or revising ones that are not as healthy? If you wouldn't mind sharing? Mediterranean like, vegetarian?
                  Mary, I don't want to derail this thread so I'll start another one and answer you shortly.

If I recall, Decaf has a lot of stomach problems and has to eat bland stuff.

Comment

Mary, I don't want to derail this thread so I'll start another one and answer you shortly.

If I recall, Decaf has a lot of stomach problems and has to eat bland stuff.
                    oh yes, your right scaper, thanks

Comment

Decaf,
                      Are you looking for a recipe to make the cauliflower "rice" or recipes that use the "rice"? I've got a couple of low carb cookbooks with recipes for both. I'll be happy to post a few if I know what you are looking for.
                      Kimber in SoCal
                      Wife to Tom, T12 incomplete since 1988

Comment

Hey thanks. I'm actually going all out to try and get the "cauliflower" rice as my new staple and do away with regular rice. (except maybe some brown rice from time to time) I know that the cauliflower will absorb flavors well but I need to get the consistency as close as possible and I'm not sure how to do that.

Comment

Cauliflower Rice

Simply put the cauliflower through your food processor using the shredding blade. This gives it a texture that is very close to rice. You can steam, microwave or even saute in butter - just don't overcook it!

Cauliflower Rice Deluxe

3 cups cauliflower rice (see above)
                          1/4 c wild rice
                          3/4 c water

1. Cook your cauliflower rice as desired (recommend steaming), bue sure not to overcook, just cook until barely tender.
                          2. Put the wild rice and water in a saucepan, over, and set on a burner on lowerest heat until all water is gone (at least 30 min, maybe a little longer)
                          3 Toss together the cooked cauliflower and wild rice and season as desired.

Company Dinner Rice

1 small onion, chopped
                          1 stick butter, melted
                          4 c cauliflower rice deluxe (see above)
                          6 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
                          1/4 t salt or Vegesal
                          1/4 t pepper
                          1/2 c grated parmesan

Saute the onion in the butter until it's golden and limp. Toss the cauliflower rice deluxe with the onion, bacon, salt, pepper and cheese.
                          Kimber in SoCal
                          Wife to Tom, T12 incomplete since 1988

Comment

Working...
                          X