Pizza Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pizza Night

We did the Flat Out whole grain shells for the dough again, this stuff rocks for grilling pizza among other things and is most of all healthy!!

My daughter has this thing about chicken and ham HAVING to be on her pizza. I mean, she'll eat anything really but she really loves chicken on it, so I love making her happy so I oblige. I asked what kind of seasoning she wanted on it and she pulled out my buddy Dan Arnolds Sucklebuster Steak seasoning. Actually turned out awesome on chicken!! Will be a go to the next time I grill chicken.

Chicken is done, so I added the main ingredient for my pie, bay scallops seasoned with a bit of EVOO and S&P. Cooked on my cast iron griddle.

Time to build my pie. I wanted something different for mine. Used a red clam sauce for the base.

Then I added the 'taboo' Parmesan cheese to the 'seafood'. Some people cringe at the thought of cheese on seafood, I'm not one of them. I like it!

Then I added mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, anchovies, garlic, red pepper flakes and oregano.

Here's my wife's pie. It has provolone, Parmesan, mozzarella, pepperoni, ham, onions and bell pepper.

Cathryn's pizza with the chicken and ham.

Cat's stuck to the grill and tore, but I mainly salvaged it.

Mine is ready for the grill!

Pretty darn good dinner!
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

WolfeMan

I live in Chicago and we take our pizza pretty seriously so clam sauce and scallops on pizza let alone putting chicken on one is pure communism ;-). But, it looked pretty tasty. I like pizza on the grill. How do you keep your crusts from burning? The crust looks like it's whole wheat dough or maybe even a burrito shell.

My wife and I just did a major rennovation to our kitchen and she bought a 2nd oven from a company in Europe and it has a "pizza" mode which I'm excited about trying.

Thanks for the pictures - I'm hungry now...

Comment

Wolfeman

Never mind my last question. I saw your earlier thread on "Pizza Night" and you use wheat flat bread for your pizza dough.

Steve

Comment

I cannot watch at these pictures, the pizza looks so tasty

Comment

Yummy!!! Hubby made chicken pizza on the grill last week. He used McCormick Mesquite Grill seasoning on the chicken, bbq sauce, pineapple, and feta cheese.

Comment

Art comes in all forms; thanks for sharing your passion of food Wolfe.

Comment

A pizza always hits the spot, but what to drink with?
              Take a simple pizza night on food and wine adventure with these fun pizza / wine pairing suggestions: Pizza Margherita

Comment

Wolfie what a great thread! Bay scallops...you're killing me!

I was going to start a new thread for this article on herb infused pizza dough, but you are the king of pizza. Here is the recipe with the article available above:

Fabulous pizza dough, party size
                1 tablespoon dry active yeast

2 cups warm water

2 tablespoons sugar

5 cups flour

1 tablespoon salt

1 tablespoon dried oregano

1 tablespoon dried basil

1 teaspoon dried thyme

3 tablespoons olive oil

Method: Stir yeast and sugar into water and set aside until the top is creamy. In a large mixing bowl place flour, salt and herbs. Stir to mix. Add the wet ingredients including the olive oil and mix thoroughly. If you have a KitchenAid mixer with a dough hook, let it run for five minutes. If you are doing it by hand, turn the dough onto a large flat surface generously dusted with flour and knead until the dough is warm and elastic. Coat with olive oil and set in a large bowl to rise for one hour. Place a pizza stone or large, heavy cookie sheet in the middle of your oven and preheat to 500 F. Place a large sheet of parchment paper on your rolling surface and roll about 1/4 of the dough to your desired thickness. This dough is fluffy when thick and crackery when thin. Slide the parchment and dough onto an upside down cookie sheet and coat the dough with sauce, toppings and cheese. Slide the parchment and assembled pizza onto the pizza stone and bake for 10 to 13 minutes. Pull the parchment and pizza back onto your upside down cookie sheet and transfer to the cutting board.

Comment

Im Huuuuunnngryyyyyyy~

Comment

Oh, that looks awsome :-) What kind of grill do you use? I have never grilled a pizza before, but it sounds great!

Comment

Brings a tear to my eye, and a growl from my stomach!

Dam'n I'm hungry now!

Simon

Comment

Working...
                      X