Artichoke Spinach Lasagna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artichoke Spinach Lasagna

This is very easy to make. I followed the recipe except for the artichokes and spinach. I used 1/2 can marinated(vinegar, oil and spices) artichokes and 1/2 can regular artichokes, I was afraid all marinated would taste too tangy. I used fresh spinach.

Artichoke Spinach Lasagna

Ingredients
    9 uncooked lasagna noodles
    1 onion, chopped
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary(if you don't have fresh use 1 teaspoon dried)
    1 (14 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
    1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
    1 (28 ounce) jar tomato pasta sauce(I use one with mushrooms)
    3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
    1 (4 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled

Directions
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
    Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
    Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Saute onion and garlic for 3 minutes, or until onion is tender-crisp. Stir in broth and rosemary; bring to a boil. Stir in artichoke hearts and spinach; reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in pasta sauce.
    Spread 1/4 of the artichoke mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish; top with 3 cooked noodles. Sprinkle 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese over noodles. Repeat layers 2 more times, ending with artichoke mixture and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle crumbled feta on top.
    Bake, covered, for 40 minutes. Uncover, and bake 15 minutes more, or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

I didn't take this picture but this is what it looks like.
    Renee

Ooh that sounds really good. I wonder if I could get my husband to not notice there's spinach in there...

Comment

You really don't taste the spinach since it's mixed in with everything else. I read a lot of reviews where mom's said their kids loved it even though they didn't like spinach so your husband might like it too.
      Renee

Comment

He might. I'd just have to come up with a good fib about what the green stuff is

Comment

Working...
        X