• Show
Clear All

• Pork Sirloin smothered in Apple Cider, Ale and Mushroom Gravy

These turned out FANTASTIC!!!!

More pic's and recipe at The Wolfe Pit
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

You need to open up a restaurant WolfeMan. Seriously. The name of your website would make a good name for the restaurant. The food you prepare looks delicious.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

You need to open a restaurant next door to me. I am willing to order a bigger wheelchair. Your food, and food reporting (photos and text), rise to the level of art. I put you right up there with Loose Cannon as a craftsman of exceptional merit.
      Originally posted by rdf View Post
      You need to open up a restaurant WolfeMan. Seriously. The name of your website would make a good name for the restaurant. The food you prepare looks delicious.
      Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

I think I just ruined my keyboard with the drool....

going to try your enchiladas by the way. the above seems too hard for me.

Comment

hey wolf how bout a big beef roast in cider in the crock pot, easy peezy. your thoughts
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com
          c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
          sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Wolf, you have got some talent! The recipes on your website looks amazing. Your wife's birthday dinner just kept getting better and better. We will be trying some of your recipes in the very near future. Thank you.

Comment

Will you marry me?

No sex but I'll bring my appetite and a massive TV
              C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Thank you everyone! I'm just a gimp who loves to cook! And besides spending time with my daughter, I would rather do nothing else besides cook! It's just a passion I have and LOVE!

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                hey wolf how bout a big beef roast in cider in the crock pot, easy peezy. your thoughts
                That sounds great! I haven't tried one with cider in the crock pot but I've done a few using leftover morning coffee and/or coke as a base! I will definitely give it a try now that you've mentioned the cider! I love beef and could literally drink vinegar, I like it so much! So the combo of the two sound perfect!

Here are a couple other 'beef' recipes from my site if you're interested. Both could be made in a crock pot as well, if you prefer that over a grill or smoker.

Smoked Pulled Chuck Roast

Pepper Stout Beef
                Larry
                ------

Comment

Originally posted by RehabRhino View Post
                  Will you marry me?

No sex but I'll bring my appetite and a massive TV
                  "I DO"! I need a bigger TV!!!
                  Larry
                  ------

Comment

So wolf, when is your cookbook coming out? Food looking good as always.

Comment

Wolf, im going to try it tomorrow. How should i servre it, like maybe over rice and add in carrots and brocolli about the 4hr mark.
                      Bike-on.com rep
                      John@bike-on.com

Comment

Wolf, im going to try it tomorrow. How should i servre it, like maybe over rice and add in carrots and brocolli about the 4hr mark.
                        You're talking about the beef and cider right? Um...I would definitely add onions and garlic from the beginning...then it's up to you from there......depending on how you want to eat it...if you want it more like a pot roast, I'd add in some tomato paste, couple bay leaves, celery at the beginning and carrots and/or potatoes mid way through the cook. Cider alone maybe too sweet (unless you like sweet), if you do use all cider, if not add in some leftover coffee (trust me, you'll never taste the actually coffee, but it provides a base and cuts the sweetness) or a beer, especially a dark beer with beef! I'd normally say a red wine with beef, but not with cider.

If you want to eat it more like pulled beef, like on a sandwich, or on top of rice, like you suggested, then I'd go with the cider, little apple cider vinegar again to cut the super sweetness, coffee or beer, then bell peppers, onions, garlic, similar to the Pepper Stout Beef. Or if you want to take it to a different dimension, you could make sort of a sloppy joe out of it, by adding a bottle of Chili Sauce to the mixture.
                        Last edited by WolfeMan; 11-03-2009, 02:56 PM.
                        Larry
                        ------

Comment

ok wolf, heres my intention. to eat it like a stir fry over rice. so om thinking, big beef roast simmered in appl cider and vinegar, w/ carrots and brocolli servered over rice./ like tear it up then over rice. i was thinking maybe thikin the broth as well. what would i do that with
                          Bike-on.com rep
                          John@bike-on.com

Comment

ok wolf, heres my intention. to eat it like a stir fry over rice. so om thinking, big beef roast simmered in appl cider and vinegar, w/ carrots and brocolli servered over rice./ like tear it up then over rice. i was thinking maybe thikin the broth as well. what would i do that with
                            Ahh, okay. Pick a nice marbled chuck roast, that mixed with the vinegar and cider will give you more than enough broth and flavor! Cook until almost fork tender, then add the carrots and continue cooking until the meat and carrots are tender. Shred the meat and then put it back in the broth, then add the broccoli and let steam for a few minutes. I like broccoli crisp, but tender....if you like it softer add it sooner!

Since you're making it like a stir fry, a little hoisin, oyster or soy sauce would be a nice addition. As well as some ginger root added earlier in the cook and maybe a small amount of sesame oil too! Just a couple thoughts to give the stir fry a little Asian flare, if you like that sort of thing........maybe even a nice sliced green onion and/or toasted sesame seeds on top of the plated meal for a nice garnish.

Hope this helps!! Now, I'm starving....just me and my daughter for the next week, so we'll be cooking 'kid' stuff!!! Mom's out of town!!!! YAYYY!!!
                            Larry
                            ------

Comment

A tip with broccoli I use sometimes if you're doing whole stalks - take a carrot peeler, and just lightly peel the stem. That way, the stem cooks quicker and is tender before the florets get all mushy.

Works wonderfully for asparagus too, since the tips tend to cook quicker.

Comment

Working...
                              X