Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

crock pot recipies: good ones. whatcha got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some great ideas folks, thanks! I have an awesome chili recipe somewhere around here too... will dig it up later.

John, cool. The roast won't need potatoes/carrots, but that certainly won't hurt. We had oven-roasted potatoes on the side. FYI: the pepperoncinis add some zing; we never eat them all, but that's up to you.

Comment

Ok man its on. I used a pork roast and some big pork loin cutlets cause the roast was kinda small, lol. I put taters and carrots in just for sides. I also flavored the meat w/ garlic, thyme and black pepper and 2 whole onions
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com
      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
      sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by StevieP View Post
        Has anyone seen the liners that go in a crock pot? That all you have to do after you have cooked the food and to throw away the liner and it is clean. Some can be so heavy to P/U and clean. I have not tried them yet, but I just got a crock pot and I want to try it out.

Now is the hardest part of all, what to cook for the first time.

Stevie P
        Yes & they work great sometimes it breaks open but it just the juice that get out.

We do Pork Chops or Chicken with bar b q sauce let it cook 3 or 4 hours then put in sauce & cook for 1 more hour.

Or Chicken breast with Italian dressing cook about 4 hours.

Or Baked beans: 1 big big can pork & beans, 2lbs brown Sugar, 2 large onions, 2 bell peppers, 4 or 5 jalapeno peppers, a little less then a 1/4 cup of Italian dressing, 3 table spoons mustard, 1lb fried bacon, chop & mix then cook for 4 to 6 hours. Need a 6 qt crock for this. or(in the oven cook at 350 for 3 1/2 to 4 hours). The next day if there is any left over they are great cold or hot.

Comment

hey scott, next time add some dried chipolte peppers (smoked jalapeño's 2-3 to start) for some smokey flavor & peppery zing.

Comment

dang i a m hungry reading this

Comment

Originally posted by BobMach View Post
              hey scott, next time add some dried chipolte peppers (smoked jalapeño's 2-3 to start) for some smokey flavor & peppery zing.
              good call.

Comment

Originally posted by jryprt View Post
                Or Baked beans: 1 big big can pork & beans, 2lbs brown Sugar, 2 large onions, 2 bell peppers, 4 or 5 jalapeno peppers, a little less then a 1/4 cup of Italian dressing, 3 table spoons mustard, 1lb fried bacon, chop & mix then cook for 4 to 6 hours. Need a 6 qt crock for this. or(in the oven cook at 350 for 3 1/2 to 4 hours). The next day if there is any left over they are great cold or hot.
                Man, that's got to be loaded with calories, but sounds delicious!

Comment

My mom makes this and EVERYONE loves it, but it's time consuming

2 Large Round steaks
                  Bacon
                  Onions optional
                  Shredded Cheddar cheese
                  4-5 Cans of beef consomme soup

Cut the fat off the steak and pound it out good to tenderize it, then cut it into strips about the size of cigarette packs. Put bits of chopped/cooked bacon, cheese, and onions if wanted in the middle of each strip. Roll the strips up and use 2-3 toothpicks to keep the meat rollups together.

Put flour on all of them and fry them in a skillet with butter or oil, i prefer butter, until the meat is roughly done and all the blood has gone out.

Plop them in a large crock pot and cover them with the cans of beef consomme. Let this cook for about say 3 hours and then pour in at least one large bag of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. I use a bag and a half. Stir this good and let cook for at least another hour or until the meat is almost falling apart from the toothpicks.

Serve with mash potatoes, the gravy is fabulous for both the meat and mashed potatoes.

Comment

yo scott, great recipe man. my wife and i loved it. its in the rotation
                    Bike-on.com rep
                    John@bike-on.com
                    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                    sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Originally posted by doingtimeonmyass View Post
                      Man, that's got to be loaded with calories, but sounds delicious!
                      When my Wife's Family gets together they want my baked beans.
                      The next day they are like candy.

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
                        yo scott, great recipe man. my wife and i loved it. its in the rotation

Comment

KLD, I want to make your chicken recipe, but was kind of surprised by the lack of liquid. Don't you have to add water or stock or something?
                          Thanks
                          Lori

Comment

Beanie weenies..yum

just add a few cans of baked beans and cut up hotdogs(we use either turkey or veggie dogs).

Delish.

__________________________________________________ __________

Now that hunting season is in ,I'm looking forward to deer tenderloin simmered in cream of mushroom soup as someone here suggested last season.

Really any meat,beef,chicken or pork is yummy cooked like that in the crock.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Another fav is honey mustard chicken.

Use bonless skinless breast and mix honey,mustard & some brown sugar to the consistency you think tastes right.Make enough to cover the chicken of course.

Comment

Ask DA for a ... "crack pot" recipe!

William

... rolling since 1989

BE NICE!It's free

P.S. ~ I have "handicapabilities"

TWITTER: @MacBerry

Comment

Working...
                              X