recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recipes

Well I wanted to start a thread with recipes that are our all time favorite to cook.

I have a cooking blog with recipes if anyone wants them.
    http://theparaplegicchef.blogspot.com

Whats your favorite thing to cook?
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

no one has anything they love to cook?
    T-7 Complete
    "If you don't like something, change it; if you can't change it, change the way you think about it."

Comment

I love to eat but not to cook. But since I have to make food for eating, I cook everyday. But we eat very different from you

Here is some Norwegian recepies in English http://www.matoppskrift.no/sider/norwegianrecipes.asp

If it is coming up one pop up just click "lukk vindu" and it is gone

It is a little old fashion food but very traditionale, they eat food like this is the western part of Norway, I live in the eastern part so we eat more internationale.
      Last edited by woman from Europe; 28 Jan 2009, 11:45 AM.
      TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Thank you woman from Europe I can't wait to try some of those!!!
        T-7 Complete

Comment

oh thank you for the link - the food looks really good... i really want one of those stuffed peppers! Yum! think i will give that recipe a try.

Comment

You have to try the Lamb and cabbage stew - får-i-kål -. It is for autumn but tastes nice all the year. And if you make a lot, it tastes better the next day.

And meat kaker - kjøttkaker - but I have heard your gravy is not so nice as ours. You melt butter in the frying pan and have some flour in and stir until it is brown but not burned. And then you put water and a little buillion in until it is thick enough. A little salt and pepper and let it boil until the salty tast is gone. Then you put the meat kakes in and let it all boil together for a while.
            TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

making me hungry! i love lamb - love cabbage! now i will try that one too! thanks so much for the link too! i finally figured out that the recipes are in english... i thought they werent when i first looked at it.
              i made nelly schnicky (did i spell that right?)a couple of times and love that dish. my mom cooked up some cranberry jam last night and i asked her if we should make some nelly schinicky, she's never had it - ill have to adjust the recipe for non dairy though..gonna try it with soy cheeses and soy milk instead. yeah we try to be healthy here....

Comment

Originally posted by Seenkid101 View Post
                Well I wanted to start a thread with recipes that are our all time favorite to cook.

I have a cooking blog with recipes if anyone wants them.
                http://theparaplegicchef.blogspot.com

Whats your favorite thing to cook?
                Wow what a great-looking blog, good job. The spicy ginger and orange chicken looks particularly good, I'd love to try that one out. Wish I had something to contribute, but the best thing I've got going is peanut butter smeared on an apple!

Comment

I love your blog, I bookmarked it. I'm trying to be a better cook but I'm sort of stuck into making super easy stuff like a lean protein (chicken) and a vegatable (asparagus) and its super boring. I'm definitely going to try your ziti, because it looks easy and really good.
                  A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Great blog.

I make a pretty mean 5-bean chili in the crock pot and I like to experiment with different kinds of soup.

I'm in a baking phase now. We've gotten a lot of snow here and cookies taste mighty good on snowy days.

I've been branching out and trying to add more peppers to dishes. The area farmers market was full of peppers over the summer and I froze a bunch of them. Sauted onions and peppers got old real quick, so I've started adding them to soups and stews.
                    Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
                    Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
                    -- Lucy VanPelt

Comment

I see you use the Classico sauces too. I love the black olive and mushroom. We used to spend a full day or more making home made tomato sauce, then we discovered Classico. It tasted just like mine, so now I use it an just dont tell anyone

It's lasagna season.
                      Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Comment

Originally posted by skippy13 View Post
                        I see you use the Classico sauces too. I love the black olive and mushroom. We used to spend a full day or more making home made tomato sauce, then we discovered Classico. It tasted just like mine, so now I use it an just dont tell anyone

It's lasagna season.
                        The Ziti is my mom's recipe and she swears by Classico. I love it, a lot of flavor.
                        T-7 Complete

Comment

I am always going to have new recipes up so check back on my blog often maybe once a week.

Thanks everyone for looking at it. I am hoping that this blog will take me somewhere in this world.
                          T-7 Complete

Comment

Megan ..... I like the video additions! (hat was me commenting on the pineapple salsa video as stephanie ). I cook on my lap as well, usually I put a big tray or pan under the cutting board, keeps anything juicy from running off onto my lap!

Bente ...... thanks for the recipe link. Now I know what cloudberry cream is! A lot of fish recipes as well. As for Moose vegetable soup, I am not sure my local store carries any moose meat. But I am going to try some of the others.
                            T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

I have never tasted moose either, the shops don't sell it here at the eatern part of Norway. But my oldest does hunting but he give away the meat because he doesn't care.
                              TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Working...
                              X