Beer suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer suggestions?

what beer(s) have you used that flavored well with brats? seems most common domestics do absolutely nothing except provide a cooking medium but i welcome any suggestions and recipes. thx.
    Every day deserves a little time off.

Innis & Gunn... http://www.innisandgunn.com/

Comment

to cook with or drink?

Comment

I have found dark beers work great. Also if your Heinken, Corona has gone skunky that works too. I like to precook them in beer and onions, soak in the liquid for a few hours and then grill them. They are really tender that way. Good luck!

Comment

x2 on the dark.

depends what you're into, but look for Bluegrass Brewing Co.'s Jefferson's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout.

Comment

IMO any beer flavor is going to be lost if the brats are properly blackened on the grill: charred a bit on the outside but still pink in the middle. Skip the flavoring and save the expensive beer for drinking!

Comment

Ahem... Root Beer??? :

Sorry, Strat...I couldn't resist!

No idea what beer, but take care~!

Teena

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Pruett
                but look for Bluegrass Brewing Co.'s Jefferson's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout.
                UUUUMMMM! I know i shall...

Comment

hoegarden

Comment

Anything made by Stone. Like the IPA and my personal favorite, Arrogant Bastard.

http://www.stonebrew.com/beers/

Comment

cheap and good

try using half miller high life and half beef broth in any braised beef recipe. i use it on ox tails. be sure to add the rest of the items in the recipe. try hot peppers, onions ect.

Comment

If you are going to make a true Wisconsin beer brat there is only one choice of beer, Schlitz, and they just started brewing it again. I guess you could use Old Style too.

Comment

Working...
                        X