daughter's surgery went very well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

daughter's surgery went very well

My 3 year old daughter, Emma, who has hereditary spastic paraparesis, got through her mitrofanoff stoma surgery very well. She's been out of the hospital for about a week and is still a little bit sore, but is moving around more with her walker indoors. We only have to use her Zippie wheelchair when we are going somewhere for the day. The only thing she keeps complaining about is the leg bag that she has to wear that's hooked to a suprapubic catheter. She doesn't like the "pee-pee bag" on her leg. On December 20th, she will get all the tubing, catheter and staples out of her and learn how to cath through her bely button. She is really excited about that, because she can then pee like mommy (I've had a mitrofanoff since May 2006, because of the same disorder Emma has). I'm happy my other daughter, Angela, who's 20 months old, doesn't have this disorder. Angela has been helping her big sister out a lot this past week.

Just thought I'd let you all know how Emma is doing. Bye!

Jessie

Sounds like you have two beautiful daughters Jessie. Great news about the surgery.......Glad she is doing better and getting rid of the surgery residual before Christmas.
    Have a Merry Christmas
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Glad to hear Emma is doing well. Sounds like you have a wonderful family.

Comment

Congratulations! I hope Emma continues feeling better.

Comment

Wishing you the best from a guy who's better than the rest.

Comment

So glad to hear.
            T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Working...
            X