No announcement yet.

May I brag a little?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We took this one last April when I was in the ER with a blood clot. We were bored.

Comment

Taken last July in Spokane Washington.

Comment

And the last one, taken last August at the Oregon coast.

Comment

What a doll!!!

Comment

Good stuff Shannon, mom and daughter are both lucky to have one another
            Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
            Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBee

But Keps, I've always wanted to know, what's a cockle? And where in the heart are they? Oh, and why do they need warming?
              A cockle is a type of edible mollusc (they look and smell revolting, so why anyone'd eat them, I don't know).

The expression about the cockles of one's heart being warmed is explained here - http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-coc2.htm

Most people only use it facetiously nowadays.

Hope this helps, BeeBee.

Comment

Well, Karen, I don't know whether to thank you or not, now that I have snails and clams in my heart. It's always interesting to learn the origin of idioms and amazing that we still use some of them when the original meaning is has disappeared from our lives.

Daisy: the teenage years are mother natures way of cutting the cord. We couldn't bare to have our loving five year old leave our home, but by the time they're 18 we're buying them a car and renting an apartment just to get them out of our house.
                BeeBee

Comment

Originally posted by Shannon
                  And the last one, taken last August at the Oregon coast.
                  I love that last picture Shannon. She is such a beautiful girl. You can see the love and mischief just jumping right out of those eyes....

Ahhhh I dont mean to scare ya but I think the boys are gonna come knocking in a few years.....LOL

Believe it or not I feel the same way about letting go. I think that is why we have to put up with all the teen stuff. I have had to really work on letting her handle things and not jump into every little problem she brings to me. That is the hardest part. I hate for her to have to experience defeat/heartache but we dont learn unless we experience them ourselves....
                  T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Daisy: the teenage years are mother natures way of cutting the cord. We couldn't bare to have our loving five year old leave our home, but by the time they're 18 we're buying them a car and renting an apartment just to get them out of our house.
                    BeeBee, how old is your teenager?

Sounds like me, you, and Betheny need to start planning that club med vacation.

Mine just turned 18 last month...I am supposed to let her do as she pleases but offer a solution to every problem that arrises whether self created or just plain stupidity created. I was hoping to wake up on October 25 and find a responsible adult but alas my balloon was busted rather quickly....She still has some growing up to do....18 is really just a number. LOL
                    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Good job! I mean, when kids bust out with these gems, it often means that your investment in time and effort (love) is working! Keep it up.

Pat

Comment

Ain't that the truth! Although there are days we yearn to be harrassed again, for a few hours anyhow?

Shannon, she is sooo cute! Beautiful child inside and out. Is it just me or does anyone else agree she resembles a lil actress- not good with names here...hmmm, will have to call my sis.
                        "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

Comment

Originally posted by teesieme
                          Ain't that the truth! Although there are days we yearn to be harrassed again, for a few hours anyhow?

Shannon, she is sooo cute! Beautiful child inside and out. Is it just me or does anyone else agree she resembles a lil actress- not good with names here...hmmm, will have to call my sis.
                          Dakota Fanning perhaps?
                          Do not live your life in fear of your own government because the moment that you do, is the moment they rule you.

Me

Comment

Yep, Dakota Fanning. A lot of people say that.

Thanks everyone! I'm very proud of her!

Comment

Originally posted by darkeyed_daisy
                              BeeBee, how old is your teenager?

Sounds like me, you, and Betheny need to start planning that club med vacation.

Mine just turned 18 last month...I am supposed to let her do as she pleases but offer a solution to every problem that arrises whether self created or just plain stupidity created. I was hoping to wake up on October 25 and find a responsible adult but alas my balloon was busted rather quickly....She still has some growing up to do....18 is really just a number. LOL
                              Beebee is certainly a dues-paying member of the Club Med Rewards Club. Which is to say she's paid her dues by raising one of "those" kids-the ones that give hugs, gray hairs and sleepless nights.
                              Blog:
                              Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond Downs
                                Dakota Fanning perhaps?

Yes, that's who she reminded me of! Adorable.
                                "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

Comment

Working...
                                X