Happy Birthday To My Mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smashms
    I read it and I know what he was saying and it clearly was not very nice to the people who don't have spinal cord injury.
    You idiot, he added MS. You're making yourself look stupid. Do people really
    need to itemize every crippling condition? No.

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
    Why do people without spinal cord injuries (or MS) stay here in general?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck503 View Post
      You idiot, he added MS. You're making yourself look stupid.
      Thank you for explaining that better than I could.

Comment

Originally posted by smashms
        Well I do because I have a spinal injury and technically you can injure your cord a multitude of ways some by disease and some by actual accident but either way the nerves are hurt and don't work anymore.
        I just read your background on the weblink in your signature ... you have been hit with it all ... pressure sore, shoulder, bad kidney (how does that work - do they take it out if one is not functioning? Wouldn't you want to be on a list for transplant considering your other kidney is not in the best of health?), MS, spinal surgery ...

BACKGROUND STORY

Hello everyone I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in October 2009. This page is going to tell everyone what it is like living with this nasty disease. It first began 10 years ago with numbness on my left side, I was then away at school at the CIA 2 hours away from my physician and my family. It was very stressful but i didn't think anything of this till i was unable to walk. I then called security who came and picked me up and took me to the nurses office who then told them to take me to the local hospital. I was seen in the ER and told that i may have MS they immediately started me on IV steroids which did help. I then went thru all of the testing down there and it was decided that i needed to come back north to my hometown. We then found a neurologist here who i might add has since moved south. His name was Dr Neil Lava. He was great but would not diagnose me as the tests were inconclusive. When he left i then went to Dr Richard Brooks who is my neurologist now and has been for 3 years. I was officially diagnosed columbus day 2009. and i have been on Copaxone since. I have had 3 bad excerbations since then the most recent about a month ago. Which landed me in a chair almost full time. I am still in the chair full time not on copaxone anymore, I am currently going to Dr Krupa Pandey at Albany medical center. She is great! I have since been in the hospital 5 more times with complications, and am due to go in again next week, for a pressure sore surgery.
        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Sorry I misread your CC bio:

Biography
          i am a T7 incomplete due to both MS and a thoracic aneurysm surgery that went bad.
          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
            Sorry I misread your CC bio:

Biography
            i am a T7 incomplete due to both MS and a thoracic aneurysm surgery that went bad.
            If you really want to be confused read the Caring Bridge link.

Comment

You're right ... I am very confused. Add ostomy, heart issues.

I can't imagine as that's a lot to deal with.

Comment

Working...
              X