My husband is a pig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My husband is a pig

It did not matter so much whem I was healthy. But now there are places I cannot reach. one of these is my sons bathroom.
    We have been showing the house to rent it . everybody loved the house but made a comment if we would professionally clean it. I was puzzled because we had a maid twice a week, and my husband said "she is cleaning the inaccessible places".
    Today I made a big effort to inspect as we have another showing tomorrow. I managed to look at my sons bathroom, and...I broke into tears. It has not been cleaned In 2 years. Not one spot on the commode or sink was white. the floor reeked of urine. the bathtub was undescribable. the towel racks hung loose. The mirror was a nightmare.
    My husband said...what is the big deal?

that is awful. I feel for you. Can imagine you must have wanted to blow a gasket...I wonder why the maid didn't bother...maybe time for a new maid!
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Comment

WHAT?! so disgusting! i hope this can get cleaned before the house showing!
      "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
      http://www.elportavoz.com/

Comment

I always worry about out little bathroom, I can't get in it, but I know my daughter would freak out when she comes home from college if it were that bad! (She has been known to grumble, and clean it before she takes a shower tho .....)
        T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

---------------

Post edited. I did not know the details.

All the best,
          GJ
          Last edited by gjnl; 17 Jun 2012, 2:34 AM.

Comment

My son has developmental disabilities
            I am still in tears...Mentally I turned a corner. I can't take this degree of pigness any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Cripply View Post
              My son has developmental disabilities
              I am still in tears...Mentally I turned a corner. I can't take this degree of pigness any more.
              Sorry, I did not know.

GJ

Comment

Your husband did say...what is the big deal?
                Hold your horses maybe he intends to clean it himself.

Comment

Originally posted by peterf View Post
                  Your husband did say...what is the big deal?
                  Hold your horses maybe he intends to clean it himself.
                  I'm surprised your husband showed the house and even more surprised that your realtor hasn't reported the condition to you.
                  Daniel

Comment

I don't know what it is with some guys when it comes to the cleaning......my husband has been great the past several years.....helping me with many things, including cooking and doing dishes. But when it comes to the bathroom....not so much. I've had a hard time trying to figure out how to do things myself, and I can't do things right or as often as I would like. I remember when I was finally able to get close enough to the stove after my first surgery, and just about flipped out! So after the second surgery and being in the hospital for two months.......I more than dreaded my first looks at the bathroom and stove! We can't afford a maid, but if I had one, I would fully expect to have ALL rooms clean! And everything in it! I realize just two days a week isn't much time to clean a whole house, but I think I would have the maid do a different room/s everytime they were there and have them done completely!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_nc View Post
                      I'm surprised your husband showed the house and even more surprised that your realtor hasn't reported the condition to you.

Yep...she has a maid and the realtor. Seems like something is amiss.
                      "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Comment

Originally posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
                        Yep...she has a maid and the realtor. Seems like something is amiss.
                        The realtor has been dealing with my husband only. And the maid...I am speechless. This is a small bathroom inside of a bedroom. The houses other 3 larger baths are immaculate.
                        Yes something is VERY amiss.
                        I left bleach and soap working overnight and my husband is scrubbing all contrite. But I am still pissed and hurt.

Comment

Oh and the maid has been FIRED one week early...She was going to work until we moved...Not any more. She used her knowledge that my hubby is hopeless around the house to slack.
                          Truly, my husband seems to have an inability to even SEE dirt. He simply does not bother, at all. no matter how gross.

Comment

Originally posted by sjean423 View Post
                            I always worry about out little bathroom, I can't get in it, but I know my daughter would freak out when she comes home from college if it were that bad! (She has been known to grumble, and clean it before she takes a shower tho .....)
                            Who cleans it? Yes I was worried about this bath but my h reassured me that the maid cleaned "all the bathrooms". maybe time to do an inspection, sjean!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cripply View Post
                              Oh and the maid has been FIRED one week early...She was going to work until we moved...Not any more. She used her knowledge that my hubby is hopeless around the house to slack.
                              Truly, my husband seems to have an inability to even SEE dirt. He simply does not bother, at all. no matter how gross.
                              Good for you! Amazing what we don't find out and see in the "romantic stage" of relationships huh? makes ya wonder if we are ever really supposed to exist outside of it lol!
                              Last edited by sherocksandsherolls; 17 Jun 2012, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X