Parenting from a wheelchair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parenting from a wheelchair

My wife wrote a piece for The Huffington Post which was published today.

Hope you enjoy it. And please post it to your FB page or Twitter account.

I Know How He Does It: Parenting From A Wheelchair
    stephen@bike-on.com

Super Cool!!
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Very awesome

Comment

Excellent piece!

Comment

Originally posted by stephen212 View Post
          My wife wrote a piece for The Huffington Post which was published today.

Hope you enjoy it. And please post it to your FB page or Twitter account.

I Know How He Does It: Parenting From A Wheelchair
          Great article Stephen. Well written and informative.

Comment

Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Thank you so much for sharing!!! I am the parent of a 3.5 year old and have found that each age has presented it's own challenges. I often wondered what things will be like as my as my daughter gets older and this article has helped address some of those questions. I hope your wife (and maybe you, smile) continue to share your experience as parents. Again, thank you for sharing!

Comment

Very good Stephen and well written.
                T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Thanks to everyone for all the kind words!
                  stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Good stuff

Comment

Brava!
                      Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

it brought memory's my and my ex raised my son both in wheelchairs,proud to say he turned out a great kid caring,smart hes going to college know is turning 21 on may so that is proof that it can be done

Comment

I was injured after I raised my kids but I have grandkids now & they all have loved riding on my lap & I have found fun ways to play with them. I like the line from the son, in the article, "Dad I wish you could walk so I could beat you to a pulp!" to me that shows such a healthy relationship.
                          http://www.laughwithmecrywithme.com
                          my website & blog

Comment

Thank you for this article! My fianc? is 10 years post injury and we are expecting our first child! I feel like I was reading our story. He, too, is paralyzed from mid chest down, and we were equally as shocked to learn we had conceived naturally! We are due in a few months and are brainstorming how to tackle some of the challenges we anticipate facing, such as lifting the baby from the crib, changing diapers, soothing the baby and feeding. I'd love to find more articles and resources for parenting.

Comment

heatherhalpern - check out http://www.lookingglass.org/ . they are an amazing organization who can help answer a lot of your questions. we used their ideas to modify our cribs and help with some of the other day to day stuff. congrats and good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X