No announcement yet.

I have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My family and friends are all support me in whatever I want to do. I look at it this way, Your as happy as you let yourself be.
    I have a friend who is also in a chair and he's always on the go and his family is great
    but he plays the disable card to get what he wants or special treatment everywhere he goes.
    I'm not like that and when he does it, it chaps my ass!
    SCI Birthday: April 25, 1993
    T4,5,6 Incomplete
    Chair: TiLite TR3

Comment

In this world some children are raised in loving, caring families, others are not. The same holds true for those of us in the SCI community. Our hearts should break for those who do not have the family support and be happy for those with loving families.
      C5/C6

Comment

Originally posted by LIP26 View Post
        Does everyone here have it bad or are their some like me? Is the reason for the differences in the way we are treated have to do with the way someone (family members are raised) or is it because of where each of us live. Ive never been treated differently by my family, friends, or co workers.....
        some do some dont, some of us had it b4 injury too, i think it follows through, if you have goof family, like a good companion, they are there by your side, through thick or thin.The problem is looking back over my life when mistreated emotionally when young, it is almost impossible to have a loving relationship wheb older. If you were never loved , how can you love? Many people had a school teacher or coach that saved their lives, on the opposite side was the evil coached and adults that dealt with kids, i mean preyed on kids. However every child molester was molested themselves, but not every molested child has to grow up and carry on the catholic tradition. Now that people have the balls to bring it out despite their familys wanting to hide their shame, even if it was a priest or teacher, but they still want the son or dauughter to keep quiet because they are so worried they are going to be in the hot seat, and some should be, since some parents were told and were spineless and did nothing.
        i really admire people that have good families, a good friend of mine did and both her parents died before they were 60, it really sucked , since she really loved them and loved to hang out with them.
        i am glad you have a good family, These people that are injured and their family disappears, really sucks. cooll name that matches the pic!
        cauda equina

Comment

Originally posted by steve garro View Post
          i think you kick ass too Steve, Frame building is IMO such a dying art, and i am glad that you are able to do it. have to remember to check out your head badge, if that is the correct nomenclature? Drive on
          mike
          cauda equina

Comment

Don't really have many friends or family around me because they live in Seattle and LA and Louisiana and Kansas mostly, but if I ever really needed something badly enough I'm sure that they would really together to help me out.

Comment

Oh i ve got alot of family and friends,still around sort of.
              Just two years ago when i was a house building contractor they gave a friend in need a pest indeed new meaning, obviously everything on the cheap. Now as i am wheelchair bound everyone seems to have buggered off. Yes i still have all my tools so they still phone from time to time. i do phone in need of house repair well now you know what i'm complaining about.

Comment

Working...
              X