We're having twins!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're having twins!!

I am a quad...i feel normal(whatever that it!)...but now I have a new thing that I will be dealing with. My wife is preggers with twins...No I know I'm not gonna really physically change, but Im looking for other days that are quads or just use a wheelchair. I wanna know what works best like car seats and stuff like that... what is the hardest thing...I know I dont know all the questions I have because if you've never done something you cant say good or bad so any advise is welcomed and needed...

signed excited, but scared dad to be

read all my past posts...lots of advice there, ask anything specific that you want. i'm a quad mom, but there are quite a few quad dads here too. what level are you?
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Comment

c7 here

Comment

Originally posted by egreen View Post
        I am a quad...i feel normal(whatever that it!)...but now I have a new thing that I will be dealing with. My wife is preggers with twins...No I know I'm not gonna really physically change, but Im looking for other days that are quads or just use a wheelchair. I wanna know what works best like car seats and stuff like that... what is the hardest thing...I know I dont know all the questions I have because if you've never done something you cant say good or bad so any advise is welcomed and needed...

signed excited, but scared dad to be
        not a dad, just wanted to say congrats
        We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
        Ronald Reagan

Comment

thanks!!

Emi2 is there a way you can direct me to the post you are talking about?

Comment

C7 here also, https://www.carecure.net/forum/searc...rchid=13108641 links you to a search of my posts that have the word baby in them. Some are pregnancy specific, you can skip those! And if you private message me your email I can send you a video of how i picked up my infants
            Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Comment

Congrats
              T-7 Para
              Injury Date April 8,2003

Comment

Congratulations indeed.

From my experience, your friends will never see you again. If you sail, you're sailing buddies will never see you again. That's happened to several of my quad father friends. You see them rarely but you'll have two beautiful kids to hang out with instead.

Comment

Hi "egreen,"
                  Congratulations to you and your wife, the mom to be.

All the best,
                  GJ

Comment

Comment

Hi egreen
                      How beautiful Congratulations

Sincerely;
                      GL

Comment

My wife and I are on our 8th month with twins.

My advice, run now and run far!!

Seriously though, it's a trip. Time flies. I have a thread here with pictures of cribs we had made, I would suggest something like them as changing diapers and clothes is a lot easier to do when you can roll under the crib.

I carry one of the boys in a car seat with a bungy cord around me and thru the handle on seat. Failproof.
                        Last edited by Skogy; 17 Mar 2011, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Congrats!! I'm a C6/7 father of 3 (20 month, 3 and 5 year-old) and have learned a lot over the years from this forum.

A couple of things you'll need are an accessible crib and changing table. I've seen a few different designs and ideas and ended up using a crib with swing out doors and a card table for a changing table.

Something else that is challenging is picking up and putting down your child from a swing, sofa, crib, floor mat, car seat, etc... What worked great for me was a cotton with nylon strap stork bag.

Comment

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70143208 best change table, can be mounted at any height, large surface to hold even a toddler (or twins) and changing gear.

Comment

Congratulations!!!!
                              T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X