Incomplete Injuries and Pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incomplete Injuries and Pregnancy

I am considering having a baby next year. I am a C2-T2 spinal cord infarction, from spinal cord stroke, walking without assistance, quad. I run about 5 miles a day, so I consider myself (lucky) healthy. I suffer from muscle fatigue, B&B, and muscle cramping. 4 years post injury. 32 years old. Female.
    Has anyone else with similar function had as baby post injury? If so, I would love to hear your experience. Also looking for an OB with SCI experience in Portland OR area.
    Thank you.

I do not know of anyone up in your area, but wish you the best!

Comment

I don't have any advice to share, but I also suffered a spinal cord stroke. Mine happened a day or so post-op. How did yours happen?

Comment

No known cause. The theory is that I had strep throat and it got into my blood from flossing. I woke up one morning with back pain and was paralyzed a couple hours later. Even four years post, I still cannot believe it…

Comment

I thought I might tweak my question a little… has anyone who walks full time without assistance had a baby post injury? If so, did it reduce your ability to walk independently?

Comment

Yes, I have had three children post SCI, walking full time. It didn't reduce my ability to walk except when I was pregnant. But I gained a lot of weight, I was hungry all the time so in the end it was difficult. But I did still work and walked without assistant all the pregnancies. But I could not walk 5 miles like normal.
            When the pregnancy was over and I was fit again, I was like before. But you can run and jump, I have not been able to do that and I had quite a limp when I was walking.

It wasn't before 2000 I started having trouble walking and I had my first chair in 2004, I think. A couple of years later I couldn't walk at all anymore.
            TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Working...
            X