Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your mom or anyone else call you daily to make sure you didn't fall out of your chair...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marm -- VERY well said!!! My df's mom is constantly on him and it drives him nuts. I know in his shoes I'd be annoyed too but I TRY to think how I would feel if it was my dd who was injured. I think I would be insane, smothering and have a hard time knowing when to back off. I cannot begin to imagine how hard it must be to see your child go through it.

Jodi

"Your children make it impossible to regret your past"

Comment

I talk with my Mom and Dad almost every day. I know they are hurting, but they have provided me excellent counsel and emotional support.

They are 80 and 83, but still spunky and fun to talk with.

Comment

I talk to my mom at least once a day, my dad is a non verbal stroke paitent so its a double check I know they are okay & she knows I'm okay

Comment

Wyatt (partner) is a T-9 complete para and pretty independent aside from a few things he can't do for himself, and I still call from school (I'm a teacher) to see if he's okay. He gets irritated sometimes, but at least I know he's okay. And yes, I am afraid he fell out of his chair or got hurt. I mean, you never know what could happen.

Comment

I call my Mom daily in Ukraine.
            She never wanted to move to Canada[img]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/img]
            http://stores.ebay.com/MAKSYM-Variety-Store

Comment

LOL,I know the "feeling",I still live with my parents,though even alone in my bedroom "they make sure I am ok"
              Just last night I was picking up from the floor a few things and I was "cleaning" a little,suddenly my mother enters and says: "Oh you should ask for help to pick those magazines,you can fall down and hurt,or you will hurt your back,or hands...", it sounds cool but her expression was more about "being scared" [img]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img],I just told her that she was scaring me more than she was [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

www.wheelsforindependence.biz
              Wheels for Independence

Comment

If you ever become a mom, Theo, you'll see that your whole world view changes. In an instant. This little person looks to you for everything, especially protection. And you would do anything...go any distance...to make life good for your child.

I would have given anything to change the fact that my daughter was injured. I still would. I have made every bargain imaginable with God; no dice. It isn't fair--it sucks. I hate her injury with such a passion, and after five years, I still get angry and cry and want to pound the walls. But instead, I give her a call, just to hear her laugh, to talk about nothing..and to hear for myself that SHE'S okay. It saves my sanity. And I'm sure she rolls her eyes at times...but she puts up with me checking on her because she isn't selfish. She loves me too, and she knows I've taken this way harder than she has. I can't fix this. I will never be okay with that. Never.

It's just the way it is.

But I don't have to like it.

"Be kind...for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
                ~Philo of Alexandria

Comment

When I moved out to go to college, my mom would show up at my apartment if I didn't call her by 10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci Mom:

If you ever become a mom, Theo, you'll see that your whole world view changes. In an instant. This little person looks to you for everything, especially protection. And you would do anything...go any distance...to make life good for your child.

I would have given anything to change the fact that my daughter was injured. I still would. I have made every bargain imaginable with God; no dice. It isn't fair--it sucks. I hate her injury with such a passion, and after five years, I still get angry and cry and want to pound the walls. But instead, I give her a call, just to hear her laugh, to talk about nothing..and to hear for myself that SHE'S okay. It saves my sanity. And I'm sure she rolls her eyes at times...but she puts up with me checking on her because she isn't selfish. She loves me too, and she knows I've taken this way harder than she has. I can't fix this. I will never be okay with that. Never.

It's just the way it is.

But I don't have to like it.
                    I completely agree with you,although I am not a mom,I have my mom and love her...I wish she could just not be always worried about me,but well....she is my mom!! [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Wheels for Independence

Comment

my family used to be way over protective but after falling out of my chair, dumping my chair over, crashing my van, and catching myself on fire (3 times) they just dont want to know anymore.

please note my new email address: Cspine_ae@msn.com
                      Death and taxes

Comment

lol cspine...i think my family might be finally getting to that "i dont wanna know anymore" plateau too.
                        May the fetus you save be gay

Comment

Theo, great pic by the way, My mom lives two blocks away and I see her more at the grocery store or walmart then any other time. Last year we say her at walmart right before christmas so she told us to go pick something we needed so she could buy it for us.

On another note, if I need her at anytime all I need to do is call and she will be here before I can hang up.

T-10 complete
                          10/08/01

T-10 complete
                          10/08/01
                          "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO' what a ride!"

Comment

My parents live about 10 miles away so we see each other during the week. However, when they go out of town, I do get a call to find out if everything is OK.

PN
                            The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                            --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                            ––Paul Nussbaum
                            usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cspine:

my family used to be way over protective but after falling out of my chair, dumping my chair over, crashing my van, and catching myself on fire (3 times) they just dont want to know anymore.

please note my new email address: Cspine_ae@msn.com
                              I'd say LOL,but if I were in your shoes my parents wouldn't leave me alone anymore! [img]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Wheels for Independence

Comment

I would have given anything to change the fact that my daughter was injured. I still would. I have made every bargain imaginable with God; no dice. It isn't fair--it sucks. I hate her injury with such a passion, and after five years, I still get angry and cry and want to pound the walls.

Amen.
                                BeeBee

Comment

Working...
                                X