We flew ALONE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We flew ALONE!

Over Easter Violet and I flew alone to Vancouver and it went so well. The flight attendents fought over holding her while I was transferred, she slept the whole time (1 1/2 hours) both ways, neither of us pooped our pants (lol). I feel so proud of myself for managing this... heres a picture of us at the airport with my mom who met me there.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
    ~ Anon
    Attached Files
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Emi-

You should feel proud! You have my deepest respect. That's a big job you have...but what a sweet one!

C5/6 incomplete, injured Aug. 2000
    Blog:
    Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Emi,
      What a wonderful photo. Your Mom looks like
      a very proud grandmother and mother to a couple of beautiful girls.

I think Violet and you will have many wonderful adventures in the future.

Violet is growing so quickly..and those eyes
      say it all.

Hope you had a great visit with your Mom.

<"();:::::::::::::::;~
      Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

hi Emi
        Great picture [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

"I guess pain is a great motivator."- Yanni

Comment

Emi how do you wheel your chair with a squirming toddler on your lap? I have a hard time trying to keep luggage on my lap let alone a kid. At any rate you are amazing!

Comment

Hi Emi,
            Good for you! Be proud of yourself!
            Wow, I'm impressed.
            Cathy J

Comment

Originally posted by Kanuck:

Emi how do you wheel your chair with a squirming toddler on your lap? I have a hard time trying to keep luggage on my lap let alone a kid. At any rate you are amazing!
              I can wheel with her on my lap, people have to push me thats why I use my power chair a lot (but not when travelling).

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
              ~ Anon
              Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Comment

That is so excellent!

Good for you - you SHOULD be proud of yourself!
                Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

"Canadian girls rock" [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] .... right on Emi!!

You make me proud to call myself W O M A N !! [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Obieone
                  ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
                  Jane Siberry

Comment

Originally posted by Obieone:

"Canadian girls rock" [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] .... right on Emi!!

You make me proud to call myself W O M A N !! [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Obieone
                    AMEN!!!
                    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

Wow, your little Violet is getting big! I remember when you first had her! She's still adorable!

Even if your body cannot move, you can still think and meditate ~Dalai Lama~

Comment

Working...
                      X