Who are the Family Forum Members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are the Family Forum Members?

Just to get the ball rolling, I thought it'd be interesting to see where our 'family membership' lies. So tell us who you are! And if I've left out a category, I only had five lines to work with! [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

0%
    Parent with SCI
    0%
    Children of SCI
    0%
    Children (up to late teens) with SCI
    0%
    Significant others/friends
    0%

I'll go first, since I'm here already [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. I'm Marmalady, aka Jackie, mother of Matt, my 27 year old son with a C4-5 SCI, as well as a TBI. I'm also a moderator of the 'Caregiving' forum, and have been with the CareCure site since its beginning.

Comment

Looks like you and I are the only ones to vote so far, Marmalady. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I am Jesse's Mom, Joey. Jesse is 23 years old, a C7, incomplete since Dec. 14, 2002. He lives in CA going to therapy and I live in Minnesota with my husband and our other son, Jesse's brother, Bert. We have a family business which is beekeeping.

Comment

I'm Martha, my children are Tatiana (tata489)and Ruslan (ruru482). Unfortunately their father--C7 quad, 27 years post--and I are about to divorce. However he will always be their father, and I know they are looking forward to meeting other children of sci's out there and talking about stuff.

For me, the entire Care/Cure forum has helped me to better understand my soon-to-be ex-husband. It has helped me sort out a lot of issues that hurt all of us in our little family--some of them sci related, others not.

Thanks again Wise, Jeff, Bethney, Marmalady, etc. What you do every day for all of us out here is incomprehensible. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hello all~

I'm Vicky, mother of 23-year-old Brianna, who is a T11/12 complete. We are in snowy West Virginia, and looking ahead to late spring/early summer when Bri moves off to college! [img]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/img]

"Be kind...for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
          ~Philo of Alexandria

Comment

Well hello all! Happy new year, I am Luisa Fernanda (nanda), My youngest brother has SCI ASIA C incomplete C5, 6 months post. I am a MD from South America,we live together in Bogotá, thankfully he is doing very well.
            I hope we may share just about everything, thanks for being there.

NANDA
            NANDA

Comment

Hi, my son Jason is almost 14 and became paralysed after a collision with another soccer player seven years ago. He suffered an ischeamic brainstem stroke ( basilar artery dissection ) and became locked-in. He is incomplete now, but still completely dependent on others for his care.

I've always only been interested in CURE issues since I feel there wouldn't be any care issues if we could just bring about the cure.

BTW Nanda, I was born in Bogota but have European parents

Comment

I am mom to Brian, 19 yrs.old, T5 incomplete,injured in motocross race. Three year anniversary Jan.26, and I am already feeling very apprehensive about that date. Brian lives on his own,(3 miles from us) with a roommate, and brother lives next door. He is quite independant. I am proud of him.

Comment

Hello, I am Laura, Mom to Heather age 11, T-12 complete, 3 years post. We live in Southwest Wisconsin. Heather is in 6th grade.
                  Mom to Heather, age 16, T-12, 8 years post & Michael, age 19.

Comment

I'm betheny, a c5-6 walking quad and a mother. My stepson is 22, I've had him 20 yrs. now. My son Jacob is 14. I also have a 2 yr old granddaughter named Kayli who is pretty darned special. These kids keep life interesting, they teach me a lot, they drive me to distraction and make me laugh, sometimes simultaneously. I am very proud to meet all of you!
                    Blog:
                    Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Hi I am Indianna, I am a t-4 para of 19 yrs. I have 3 daughters 16, 10 and 5. All were deliverd C-section with no anethsesia or epidurals. All my pregnancies went very good. I have been married for 15 yrs. We waited till our first daughter was 1 before we were married. I am very happy and just started a new job.

Have a good day all. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

hi! i'm joy...i'm 47 y/o and the (step)mother of a son, 9, and a daughter, 11. their father and i have been married nearly five years. the children are the center of our lives. both children have a keen sense of responsibility, which we hope will serve them in a positive manner in the years to come. i'm a c-234-inc quad.

we recently aquired a golden lab puppy; she's a handful and quite adept at training us, rather than vice-versa! [img]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img]

joy
                        "Now the only healthy way to live, as I see it, is to learn to like all the little every day things."
                        ~ Gus McCrae
                        "Now, the only healthy way to live life, as I see it, is to enjoy all the little everyday things, like a sip of whiskey in the evening, a soft bed, or a cool breeze on a hot day." -Gus McCrae, from Lonesome Dove, by Larry McMurtry

ChloeMagazine
                        AccessibleProperties

Comment

I'm Emily, A c&/8 quad and the mother of Violet who is 6 months old and the partner of Jose. I'm also one of the moderators of this forum.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow"
                          ~ Anon
                          Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Comment

In addition to being one of the SCI-Nurses, I am the child of a mother with severe MS (EDSS 8.5) and act as her care giver when my parents travel or when I am visiting their home. They have a wonderful PCA who does her care most of the time, and of course my dad helps too, but he is 81 years old, so can only do limited things.

Comment

Hey everyone, I'm Kat. My dad's a t5/6 para. My mom is Obie, and my younger sister is LJ rose or some name of that sort.

Holla Lataz!
                              ♂♥KiTtY♥KaT♥♀
                              Holla Lataz!
                              ♂♥KiTtY♥KaT♥♀

Comment

Working...
                              X