Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why would this child need a guardian ad lidem? he has a father. why take it out of his father's hands and into a stranger's?

Comment

Guardian ad lidem would make sure the dad has GOOD representation. I've seen what a court system can and will do. They favor the mother so heavily, it's disgusting.My ex dtr in law would just smile and say, oh I'm not on drugs anymore, oh I hit that state patrolman because he stopped while I was driving drunk, oh you can't do that?(big sad eyed smile). The system makes me sick.
      The ad-lidum would look at both living situations,and determine what's best for child.W/c dad, or druggie mom, lets see, hmmmm. Don't trust the judge, son's case had a man hater, it was a well known fact, and she was removed 2 yrs later because of it.Stand ur ground buddy.

Comment

I've made contact to discuss what the involvement would be but havent heard anything back. Thanks teena.
        Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by fishin'guy
          Guardian ad lidem would make sure the dad has GOOD representation. I've seen what a court system can and will do. They favor the mother so heavily, it's disgusting.My ex dtr in law would just smile and say, oh I'm not on drugs anymore, oh I hit that state patrolman because he stopped while I was driving drunk, oh you can't do that?(big sad eyed smile). The system makes me sick.
          The ad-lidum would look at both living situations,and determine what's best for child.W/c dad, or druggie mom, lets see, hmmmm. Don't trust the judge, son's case had a man hater, it was a well known fact, and she was removed 2 yrs later because of it.Stand ur ground buddy.
          yes, i understand that (except i disagree with your first statement), but why would you trust a court appointed guardian ad litem more? there's no assurance at all a guardian ad litem will look out for dad. this child already has a legal guardian--dad.

Comment

Originally posted by GoTWHeeLs
            I've made contact to discuss what the involvement would be but havent heard anything back. Thanks teena.
            My daughter was 6 months old when I was injured. I know I am a low level para but your kids adapt to you.

My daughter would run from everyone but me and somehow she just never did test me like she did the rest of my family. We learned all sorts of tricks to do things the best way I could do them.

She also grew up to be very independent. She was far more independent than any of her friends and I think it is because she had to learn early to do things herself. She would go to daycare and sweep and clean up after the other kids. We did the house cleaning together and she always helped me. All her teachers were always commenting on how she took care of the other kids and automatically went and got the broom to sweep.

You can raise your son yourself (until he gets to be a stubborn teenager anyway and there is no help for them during those years LOL)

Even today, she doesnt depend on anyone but herself.

I hope all this works out. Sounds like your son definately needs to be in a better environment.

My daughter never saw her father. He never grew up enough to take responsibility. He is still a low life today.

Good luck with everything!!!
            T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Chris, you may wish to ask mods to remove that pic in the other thread. A shot showing you after you've been punched in the face in a drunken bar brawl with your brother may return to haunt you. Should you need to fight for your son to retain custody or visitation, it would not look good.

Ditto for writing or posting anything which may be portrayed as less than favorable to you at MySpace or other social networking sites.

You'd be surprised what can crop up in nasty court proceedings. It happens all the time.

It is probably a good idea to refrain from doing and/or posting anything which could potentially harm your parental rights or your son. Ask your lawyer in advance if you're uncertain.

Comment

Good point LaMem ..... he should be able to delete the pic himself, and edit the post. It was recent.
                T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Dear Chris-

START FIGHTING LIKE A MAD DOG!

I agree with Cass:

Originally posted by cass
                  prove it to a judge? shouldn't be necessary. for goodness sake, i gave birth as a quad, changed diapers, etc.

don't let your son go into "the system." please.
                  Do NOT let your son go into the system! Fight like a A**hole and demand what is your God given right as your son's father!

I spent a stint in the hospital this week with my father. He had a sinus infection and all the doctors thought I WAS THE PATIENT! For as much as my elderly father helped me in my recovery with my SCI it was easy recriprocated love to spend the volume of time waiting for the doctors to agree on diagnosis and care.

The greatest lesson I have learned from my SCI is that I need to depend on other people in my life to help me accomplish the things I want to get done. Regardless of how severe your SCI is YOU CAN BE A LOVING CARING FATHER. With the help from a loving family you could also unseat Hulk Hogan and Kevin Fetherline as poster child for Father of the year!

YOU CAN DO IT better than the "system" because all who read this post should know as a fact the "SYSTEM" is FUBAR (F-ed Up Beyond All Repair).

Best to you,

Mark

Comment

I have nothing to hide LaMem. I am a full time student(16hours) and I consistently make the honor roll. I have proven myself to be a good father and by no means will the court be able to prove otherwise.

I keep repeating that I will do everything to retain custody of my son. I am a caring and loving father, soon to be able to also be a provider.

My grandma came by this morning and saw my eye, she asked me what happened and I told her. She was very frustrated and told my mom how she felt. So, my mom ask me why I didn't just tell her I fell. I had to let her know my position about how I take pride in being the person I am and what I've become as a man. Why would I throw my self respect out the window because I am worried of a reaction or how someone would view me.

This will work out.
                    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by GoTWHeeLs
                      I have nothing to hide LaMem. I am a full time student(16hours) and I consistently make the honor roll. I have proven myself to be a good father and by no means will the court be able to prove otherwise.

I keep repeating that I will do everything to retain custody of my son. I am a caring and loving father, soon to be able to also be a provider.

My grandma came by this morning and saw my eye, she asked me what happened and I told her. She was very frustrated and told my mom how she felt. So, my mom ask me why I didn't just tell her I fell. I had to let her know my position about how I take pride in being the person I am and what I've become as a man. Why would I throw my self respect out the window because I am worried of a reaction or how someone would view me.

This will work out.
                      Chris, a court will not look favorably unopn a father who has had even one bar brawl should the court learn of it.

This is about your son and avoiding possible complications for the two of you arising from what is posted online.

I suggest you discuss it with your attorney.

I wish you the best.

Comment

Chris my friend fight and never give up.I whished i had a son to fight for.

Comment

Working...
                        X