No announcement yet.

I can't believe this is happening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This must be a nightmare for you and your family. I can't possible imagine what you're going through. Very scary stuff. I hope they figure out what is going on and you get your sister back to her old self soon!
    T-5 incomplete

Comment

I notice you say she got some meds 3 days post partum?

Read the fine print on those. Nearly any of the serotonin alterers have a rare side effect of fullblown psychosis. My husband got it from some casually prescribed Zoloft. It was terrifying. He weaned off it and all was well. They have actually used those meds as a defense in murder cases, this is serious business.

I find it so awesome that your family recognized the problem, and dealt with it, and that you care as much as you do. Your sister is a lucky lady. I know you're scared, but don't borrow trouble just yet. Post-partum can be every bit as bad as you are describing, as can med reactions. Don't consign her to the snakepit just yet.
      Blog:
      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Hope all works out for you guys.
        Go Georgia Bulldogs

Comment

Outdoorsman, the great thing about this site is the people. We might not be able to tell you 100% what the problem is or the solution, but we are here for each other. It sounds like between your family and faith, you're on the right road. We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.
          Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Comment

Originally posted by WheelieMike
            Outdoorsman, the great thing about this site is the people. We might not be able to tell you 100% what the problem is or the solution, but we are here for each other. It sounds like between your family and faith, you're on the right road. We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.
            Exactly, Mike!

You are not alone, outdoorsman, and with a family as compassionate as yours, neither is your sister or your niece.

Take care, and take things one minute at a time right now...

And God bless...

Teena

Comment

outdoorsman,

Betheny is right. This could all possibly side effects from the medication. I hope all mends for your family.

Comment

Is it crazy that I envy the sister, even though she is temporarily psychotic? I would give a great deal for a sibling that gave a damn about me. She is so very fortunate.
                Blog:
                Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

It probably isn't much consolation when you look at your sister the way she is now but whatever it is that's causing this is treatable.

It'll take them a while to get the balance of drugs right but when they do the affect is almost instant.

Your job then will be to make sure she takes the right drug at the right time and on time because if she misses a dose it's back to square one.

Best of luck with this and as the others have said you're a very caring person who she is lucky to have.

Comment

Thank God

I just wanted to say thank you to all those who helped me with this just by listening. So ya my sister came home yesterday and she is her old self. She has a little ways to go though but you know times heals those wounds. She staying with us for a couple weeks os thats cool. I getta hang out with my little niece. Well thanks all, peace out and god bless.

Comment

I'm very happy she's back to her old self.

Comment

I too am happy she is home, she is lucky to have the caring family she has.
                        Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Comment

That's such good news to hear outdoorsman! The Best to you all and God bless you too!

Comment

I'm so happy to hear your sister is back to her old self.
                            "We're one but we're not the same. We get to carry each other" U2

Comment

Working...
                            X