Bone Denisty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bone Denisty

yahoo my bone denisty is back to normal!!!!!.after a yr and 1/2 of fes bike and standing the dr. is amazed. hips the left was ostenpena now normal
    spine and femur. hot darn.been c6c7 going on 7 yr come end of may

That's great. I've wondered if that combination would help rebuild bone.

Comment

Really great news - well done. Hopefully this info will help a lot of people. I can't tout FES enough - nothing comes close.

Comment

Great. This combination of therapies is the only one that really has a good evidenced based foundation for effectiveness in both prevention and treatment of bone loss in SCI. The jury is still out on vibratory therapy and standing.

(KLD)
        The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Originally posted by vickylynn
          yahoo my bone denisty is back to normal!!!!!.after a yr and 1/2 of fes bike and standing the dr. is amazed. hips the left was ostenpena now normal
          spine and femur. hot darn.been c6c7 going on 7 yr come end of may
          Good for you. Would you please provide all relevant information: both sets of test numbers, regular FES and standing schedule, complementary activities, meds, supplements, etc. Thank you.
          Know Thyself

Comment

I wasn't sure that could happen - but great news and good for you!!!
            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

lynnifer, I think it can. I was in an FES trial in 04 for 6 months. I dont really know how to interpret the scores, but the Dr. was pleased.

12/03 ap spine..T-score...2.2 Z-score...1.7
              femur neck..T-score...-0.9 Z-score...-0.7

6/04 ap spine..T-score...1.6 Z-score...2.1
              femur neck..T-score...-0.7 Z-score...0.1

Rode the bike 1 hour, every other day. Used standing frame 1 hour daily, and still do.
              DIGG.

Comment

Wow, that's incredible vicky, hopefully everyone will read this and if they're able, start to do it before it's too late. I know this belongs in this forum, but I would also put this in the "Life" forum where it will get 100 times more reads, and possibly jump start 100 more people.

Keeper up!

Comment

IDON/T know scores i saw the results 2 yrs ago i can get them . i just now what kelly told me how excited they were

i ride fes bike 1 hr just about every nite stand about 1 hr every nite take calicum and fosamax.

i have started squeezing a sponge. i honestly didn/t think it would help. call me dumb. i have gone in 2 weeks from 1lb in right to 2lb in rigyht. left has stayed the same
                  almost 7 yrs post

Comment

FES is what?

You guys bought your own standing frames?

Comment

yes i bought my own fes bike 15000.00 and stand ing frame

its expensive BUT my bone density has come back to normal. which means less broken bones.muscles in legs are strong. it feels good to exercise.

Comment

Working...
                      X