Para belly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Para belly

I'm pretty active and I work out in the gym about 3 to 4 times a week as well as doing about 30 to 40 miles a week on my handcycle. I have been injured just over a year and a half and I have this belly that I'm not really use to and don't know how to get rid of it. Any advise on how I can tackle this problem. T-4 thru T6 complete.

The para belly sucks. When I stand, it's flat. When I sit, it looks like I'm expecting.

Comment

Yep, parabellies aren't great.

I dunno how you can get rid of one. It's because of laxity in paralyzed stomach muscles that people get The Belly.
      Unless you get some recovery, I can't see how it would improve - except losing weight might reduce it if you are overweight. My belly has reduced lately, due to weight loss.

Comment

It's just a little bulge I guess, cause like mentioned when I stand it's flat, and I do have top abs when I stand and I can feel my abs underneath. Not overweight or anything for my build I'm about 175lbs muscular build. I'm gonna keep working on it and stay active and hopefully I'll get the results I'm looking for

Comment

Exqusit1 - that's good that you don't need to lose any weight.
          Good luck. Keep us posted on how it goes!

Btw - how long have you been injured?

Comment

Just over a year, well right at a year and a half January 2006

Comment

figured I'd attach sometype of picture so you guys/gals could see who you were replying to or helping out. I'm really enjoying this site. Lots of good information and wonderful people.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, man!

Comment

Welcome to CC.It's hard to lose a gut being injured.Doing twisting crunches may help out a little.
                  Be yourself!!!
                  http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
                  BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
                  Sponsored Athlete
                  http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
                  www.genegvd.com

Comment

thank you guys

Comment

Originally posted by exqusit1
                      figured I'd attach sometype of picture so you guys/gals could see who you were replying to or helping out. I'm really enjoying this site. Lots of good information and wonderful people.
                      Nice to see you.
                      And welcome to CareCure (I meant to welcome you earlier - oops).

I realized I could look at your profile to see how long you had been injured (oops, again). Hmm, a little over a year. Not that long (although it may feel like it, lol).

@ van damn - what are twisting crunches??? And is exqusit1 likely to do himself an injury if he does them?
                      I don't like the idea of twisting my trunk about - how would you know if you hurt yourself?

Comment

Hey Keps.
                        As you crunch up turn your shoulders to the left or right alternating each time.Works your side obliquiecs.Also lower abs.
                        Be yourself!!!
                        http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
                        BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
                        Sponsored Athlete
                        http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
                        www.genegvd.com

Comment

exquisit i use to live in ib , theres a wonderfuls mens groop[ for spinal cord gimps like us at sharp , richard green is in charge of it . i miss san diego . it has tobe the best location in the world to live if your in the chair . one of these days im going back

Comment

hodad you are right san diego is wonderful. I did my rehab at sharp now I'm with the VA hospital here. I will have to check out some of the mens groups. I haven't yet, I've pretty much done most of the recovery stuff on my own. I'm not doing bad at all just trying to do better. I'm actually heading to Wisconsin next week (19-23) for the 2007 wheel chair games. Pretty excited about that.

Comment

Hey I got a buddy who is competing in the VA games. What sports are you doing? As for the abs you just have to get really lean. Remember that you probably lost a good 20 pounds in your legs so if you liked the way you looked AB @ 175 you gotta get down below 155 now.

Comment

Working...
                              X