• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

way to go, colin. I'm really excited to hear about your progress
    Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by madcolin
      It's a shame that recovery has to be so expensive. It saddens me to see so many spinal cord injuries at the hospital who have fallen into the trap of traditional rehab. I continue to hope that one day things will change and people will be given the opportunity to recover.
      Hey Colin - I'm not at all surprised at your progress. You are hungry for it and your work is paying off. I have seen people in my program make substantial recovery long after the bs "recovery period" both incomplete/complete alike. As you well know, you have to work the moving parts as well as the unmoving. I keep up on your personal writing and you have really found your voice. Every now and then I get complacent and the vision begins to fade so I appreciate what you have to say. Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by alpentalic
        Hey Colin - I'm not at all surprised at your progress. You are hungry for it and your work is paying off. I have seen people in my program make substantial recovery long after the bs "recovery period" both incomplete/complete alike. As you well know, you have to work the moving parts as well as the unmoving. I keep up on your personal writing and you have really found your voice. Every now and then I get complacent and the vision begins to fade so I appreciate what you have to say. Keep it up!
        WELL SAID.

Comment

Thank you for the support and encouragement. I definitely believe that exercise and determination can lead to substantial recovery. However for three years I worked very hard to increase strength in my arms. I was determined to get my scapulas to stop winging and build strength in my chest. My progress was minimal and the strength gain was mostly from C-5 muscles.

Over the past three months I've seen more progress in the strength of my shoulder girdle than I've seen in the past three years. This is very interesting considering that center IMT's main focus is strengthening my shoulder driver. It's hard for me to say for sure but I believe that the hands-on structural work they have done such far has created new connections in my upper body allowing for the increase in strength.

I'm just not sure if I would have been able to make the progress I've made with exercise alone. I am quite certain that without IMT and energy healing my progress would be limited. I also believe that my relocating and absorbing myself in an atmosphere of recovery has helped a great deal.
          www.ballincolin.spaces.live.com
          www.youtube.com/colinsodyssey

Comment

I wanted to give an update for anyone who may be interested. Significant progress continues to occur. As of right now I continue to notice the strength of my arms and improving tremendously. I'm finally getting to the point where I can sit on an exercise table and actually support my body with my arms 360° around myself. My arms are no longer two appendages which can move around a little bit and flop around like a fish. But they are actually driving forces which can push, pull and stabilize my upper body.

I have actually gotten frustrated at many times because the pace of recovery seems slow but I have to remind myself that for about two and half years I saw hardly any progress whatsoever. When I began this newfound recovery program I was kind of expecting muscles to suddenly come back to life. This has yet to happen and many of my muscles, such as the chest, are awakening but I've yet to be able to flex my muscles and see the contraction. Recovery is going to continue to be a grueling process but I'm fully up for the challenge.

A huge mark in progress has been my health and overall energy. I had a doctors appointment about a month ago and my temperature checked out at 98.1°. It used to run around 96.5°. My blood pressure was 111/75. It used to run about 85/50. This is absolutely huge in my opinion.

I have been most excited about the strength improvement in my arms but my pelvis and trunk are also getting stronger. I'm actually beginning to be able to feel the connection between my shoulder blades and my lower back as well as my chest and my hips. More and more I'm beginning to feel like a fully functioning body.

Tomorrow my dad and I are traveling to Austin, Texas again to see Francis Campone, the healer. It is very outside of the box and I know it is difficult to understand and accept, but I believe he is playing a major role in my recovery.
            http://francisthehealer.com/Site/Welcome.html

colin

Comment

therapy [rehab] helps but do not cure a spinal cord injury.
              we need a real cure .

Comment

Originally posted by adi chicago
                therapy [rehab] helps but do not cure a spinal cord injury.
                we need a real cure .
                Yes, a cure would be wonderful. But the distance between where I am now and a full recovery is large enough so that even achieving a 10th of that distance would have a huge impact on my quality-of-life. I personally believe I'm going to make strides much further than that, so all that I'm doing is well worth it to me rather than waiting for a cure.

Comment

Colin,
                  Looking good buddy. you have made a lot of progress from the last time when I had the chance to work with you. You are making significant progress, don't be phased by any of the cyber bully's on here. keep up the hard work and continue pushing forward.
                  all the best,
                  Dave

www.scirecoveryproject.com

Comment

Originally posted by scitrainer
                    Colin,
                    Looking good buddy. you have made a lot of progress from the last time when I had the chance to work with you. You are making significant progress, don't be phased by any of the cyber bully's on here. keep up the hard work and continue pushing forward.
                    all the best,
                    Dave

www.scirecoveryproject.com
                    Thanks Dave, the great thing is that the most significant progress which I will go through is yet to come!

Comment

Hi MadColin,

You are the most optimistic person I've ever had the pleasure to meet. I hope you get all the return that you're hoping for.

Best wishes,

Bob.
                      "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

just found this thread good luck to you i too went imt i found things i lked some i was hmmmm about. i wanted to go to above beyond but just couldn/t afford it. i don/t know why they won/t bill medicare.
                        how long have you been injured and what level and asia scrore

i too keep getting more return . i am going to sci step in march.

good luck keep us imformed

Comment

Originally posted by bob clark
                          Hi MadColin,

You are the most optimistic person I've ever had the pleasure to meet. I hope you get all the return that you're hoping for.

Best wishes,

Bob.
                          Thanks Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by vickylynn
                            just found this thread good luck to you i too went imt i found things i lked some i was hmmmm about. i wanted to go to above beyond but just couldn/t afford it. i don/t know why they won/t bill medicare.
                            how long have you been injured and what level and asia scrore

i too keep getting more return . i am going to sci step in march.

good luck keep us imformed
                            Hey Vicki,

I too found myself and still do find myself sometimes wondering about certain aspects of IMT. When I first started I was told that I had to do a bowel program every day. I had been doing it every other day and was not happy about changing the routine. Now I couldn't imagine not doing it every day. I try and understand some of the more technical aspects of the structural work but sometimes I just have to give in and have faith that it's working. I have found that my instincts and my faith usually lead me in the appropriate directions.

I had thought that center IMT did bill Medicare. I am not sure though so I'll check into it.

I have been injured since July of 2004. I shattered my C4 vertebrae and was diagnosed a C-5 complete injury. It was changed to incomplete a couple months later.

Good luck at SCI step! I hear good things.

Comment

Originally posted by madcolin
                              Hey Vicki,

I too found myself and still do find myself sometimes wondering about certain aspects of IMT. When I first started I was told that I had to do a bowel program every day. I had been doing it every other day and was not happy about changing the routine. Now I couldn't imagine not doing it every day. I try and understand some of the more technical aspects of the structural work but sometimes I just have to give in and have faith that it's working. I have found that my instincts and my faith usually lead me in the appropriate directions.

I had thought that center IMT did bill Medicare. I am not sure though so I'll check into it.

I have been injured since July of 2004. I shattered my C4 vertebrae and was diagnosed a C-5 complete injury. It was changed to incomplete a couple months later.

Good luck at SCI step! I hear good things.
                              no imt does bill medicare shephards beyond theraphy does not sorry for the confusion

Comment

Originally posted by vickylynn
                                no imt does bill medicare shephards beyond theraphy does not sorry for the confusion
                                Yeah, from my understanding beyond therapy pushes for insurance coverage only if they can prove that mobility is being gained. Bummer. But $75 an hour is not bad for paying out of pocket.

I just finished up a week of healing with Francis in Austin, Texas. With every visit I feel that the healing gets more powerful and I was not let down once again. My legs now feel more alive than ever before, with sensations such as buzzing, pulsating, and tingling. I can feel my upper body kicking in even more. I can feel my chest and upper back tightening up and my triceps and forearms have been twitching. I could barely go to sleep last night as I felt a rush of sensation throughout my body, followed by twitches and flickers. I felt as if I was about to jump out of the bed. Truly great things are on the way.

If anyone, is anywhere near Austin, Texas I highly suggest a visit. His healing is not a quick fix, it does take time. The healing takes place on a high spiritual level, so many times emotions must be cleared before physical healing can take place. I feel truly blessed to have experienced it. Absolutely anything is possible in this world if we only open our eyes. Once upon a time I did not know if I was meant to be healed, but I set out on a search to discover the possibilities and I found them. Now I know I will walk again.

Comment

Working...
                                X