An Invitation to Sci-Step!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey!
    The week of Sept 17th-21st just opened back up if anyone is interested!

Also, Oct. 21st-27th and Nov. 11-17 are open too!

Thanks!
    Michele
    Last edited by michele b; 24 Aug 2007, 10:59 AM.

Comment

We are now accepting trial weeks for December and the beginning of 2008 so if you are interested, please let me know so we can get you scheduled!!

Michele

Comment

Michele-

I'm hearing wonderful things through the grapevine from people that accepted this generous offer. I've said it before, but gotta say again, this is a fabulous thing to offer our community. I'm so jealous. Wish I could bring this Graves disease to its knees so I could go! And Fibs, WAY TO GO!!!!
        Blog:
        Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Thank you so much for the kind words. We are so excited to meet all the incredible individuals that have been able to attend and can't wait to meet many, many more.

What are your limitation with Graves? I am sure there are some things we can still do here....we would love to have you!

M

Comment

Originally posted by michele b
            Yep, the trial week still stands and will be an ongoing thing, no need to worry. As far as housing, we have set aside one entire unit to use only for the trial visitors so we have not really had a problem scheduling out those interested. You name the week and I will do my best.

There are no strings attached to this so I don't consider it a "try before you buy" offer. You don't have to buy anything and we will not ask you to or charge you extra for training information. We have had 100% satisfaction and we are doing this so that those of you that want the opportunity, have it. It is amazing how many people have not been able to try FES, stand or even get a massage. Simple as that.

If you would like to take advantage of this trial, just contact me at mbrock@sci-step.com

Thanks!
            Michele
            Hi Michele,

In part you wrote: "....I would like to remind you all of our offer to attend Sci-Step for a trial week at no cost."

I was trying to convey what a generous offer you were extending to the SCI community and believe I only reworded your offer of a "trial week at no cost" when I wrote "try before you buy". To my awareness a "try before you buy" offer denotes that there are no strings attached. There wouldn't be a need to "try it first" if you were obligated in any way to "buy it later". You'd just buy it upfront. We just had an innocent misunderstanding.

I'm sorry if I in any way muddled your overly generous offer as that was not my intent, quite the contrary. If you were merely including a free week of services within a contract (i.e. strings attached) of other weeks to follow at a price, I wouldn't have praised your offer as I did. I hope that those who take advantage of your free offer benefit from it and come back to your facility for further rehabilitation.

Hopefully you're leading the way in which all the SCI rehabilitation centers will construct their approach to giving hope and recovery options to those with a SCI using your "trial week at no cost" business model.

Whenever I see or hear the word "free" I jokingly tell people to hold onto their wallet and/or run the other way! That's why I was really impressed with your more than ample offer to those who ordinarily wouldn't be able to afford even a week's worth of the wide array of therapies and equipment use that you're so generously giving away. Free housing too, that's above and beyond what anyone needing SCI rehabilitation and therapies could ever hope for.

I wish you and all those who pass through the doors of ***SCI-Step*** the very best.

Go Betheny Go.

Bob.
            "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

Bob,
              Thanks for the generous compliment. I appreciate the clarification and did not take offense to your entry.

As you can imagine, people are leary to believe that we actually offer a FREE WEEK AT NO COST : ) I have heard so many say that there is no way, we have to want something in return. We don't want a dime and I hope that as many people that can, will take advantage of trying this out and taking what you learn back home to continue on.

The only thing I ask at the end of the trial week is for feedback about our program, tell us what you thought and if you found it beneficial, spread the word.

It is our goal to show that SCI-Step was created to help anyone that we can and the dedicated individuals that make up the team really care about you and your recovery.

Now come spend a week in Cincinnati!!

Comment

Michele, Thank you, again, for you generous offer.

THANK YOU!

The week we spent at SCI-Step was the best, most productive time spent post injury. Our inpatient rehab (Columbus Childrens) was a complete waste of time.

SCI-Step will be a big part of our recovery plan, when we get there. For now, life is good!

Thanks, again, Michele! I hope everyone gets a chance to visit SCI-step.

Comment

Thanks and I hope that you all are doing great! Please keep us posted and we hope to see you all this fall!

M

Comment

Broken Wing is finally here...be sure to stay tuned for her updates!!

Our website is giving me fits right now but video will be up asap. We had some great accomplishments last week!! Kathryn stood without leg braces for the first time and Anne is back up in her KFO's after having her left hip removed entirely...AND she can still take steps! Amazing!

The trial week openings are still there for Nov 11th-17th and Nov 25th-Dec 1st so if you are interested, the housing is open those two weeks as well!!

Have a great day!
                    Michele

Comment

Work it hard 'Chelle (Broknwing)!

Seems like great things are happening at Sci-Step. Good work Michele.

Bob.
                      "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

I will be November 4 -- 10th! I cannot wait!

Michelle,
                        have you received everything?
                        I want it all, I want the fairytale~Pretty Woman

Comment

Originally posted by michele b
                          Broken Wing is finally here...be sure to stay tuned for her updates!!
                          After vehicle issues stranding me in Atlanta for 2 days...YES I made it! and it was an AWESOME week!!! I'll post a full report when I've got more time, but I wanted to thank Michele and her entire team. They even worked around my unexpected delays and were able to get my free week in, albeit a lil fractured and allow me to spend the weekend in town to experience the area(and some fun festivals) as well. Thanks again Michele!
                          'Chelle
                          L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Comment

Filbert-we are good to go!!!

Comment

i will be back in 3 weeks and can not wait to see everyone's progress since i have been gone. i will be putting in 6 more months of hard training and am living proof that you can walk again and i mean, leave the chair at home, walk. if you have not taken advantage of the trial week at SCI-Step, you should. the recovery that is possible is in the new accomplishments that take place everyday at SCI-Step-see it for yourself.

Comment

This is my first time posting, even though I've been using you guys for your knowledge for right at a year now. My son Bryan has been injured for almost a year now (C-6,C-7). I just want to let everyone know that we owe Michele, Matt, Ann, and the rest of the crew at Sci-Step so much. We are from Louisiana, a few months ago my wife and Bryan flew up to Ohio and took advantage of the free trial. It was the best decision we've made in the past year. When Bryan got home he was going out more with his friends and his workouts were non-stop, all he could think about was getting himself stronger to go back to Sci-Step and continue progressing. So just after Labor day, they headed back to Ohio for 2 more months of workouts. I was fortunate enough to get some time off work and go visit last week, I couldn't believe the workouts that they were putting him through. On Monday his KFOs arrived they fit great, and I sat there in amazement as they got him into the harness and up on his feet with the walker and saw him actually take steps, some weren't real pretty, but they were steps. He walked back and forth for 45 minutes. He didn't want to get done, I think he could have walked for the rest of the day. They'll be home in two weeks and Bryan is already talking about going back for more. I have to tell you, if you can find the time you have to give them a try, I couldn't imagine were Bryan would be right now without them. They've given him back something that he had thought he lost. HOPE!!! Thanks for everything, Michele... You guys are great..
                                Last edited by Jodi J; 17 Oct 2007, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X