Project Walk on PBS in Los Angeles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Walk on PBS in Los Angeles

Project Walk will have a feature on KCET, a Los Angeles PBS affiliate available in Orange, Los Angeles, and Ventura Counties. We will be on their show “Life & Times” at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, January 30th. If you are not in these areas or are unable to receive KCET click herehttp://www.kcet.org/lifeandtimes/ for the webcast on Wednesday. We will also have the feature on our website, www.projectwalk.org, within the next week.

If you have any questions or trouble accessing the story please contact Marianna Ochoa, Marketing/Development Director for Project Walk, at marianna@projectwalk.org.

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc
    Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

Here is the link to the story.

http://www.kcet.org/lifeandtimes/pop...th-projectwalk

You need Real Player to view.

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc

Comment

This story reaired tonight.

It can still be viewed at the link on our site.

Eric Harness, CSCS
      Founder/President
      Neuro Ex, Inc

Comment

Everyone is quick to jump onto the Project Walk band wagon. Remember, this organization has no scientific background. Cash gets you in the door, but your wheelchair gets you out of the door. Sometimes its good to listen to a physical therapist and physician, after all they have an education in neuro anatomy and neuro physiology.

Comment

Originally posted by lyfconcepts
          Everyone is quick to jump onto the Project Walk band wagon. Remember, this organization has no scientific background. Cash gets you in the door, but your wheelchair gets you out of the door. Sometimes its good to listen to a physical therapist and physician, after all they have an education in neuro anatomy and neuro physiology.
          So, which are you? Or, maybe you have a spinal cord injury. In any case, what advice would you give to somebody with SCI who was intent on testing the limits of their own recovery?

Do you disagree with the concept of exercise-based recovery?
          Do you disagree with the concept of exercise-based health?
          Do you know anybody that has been to Project Walk? Have you?

BTW – I went to one of the so-called “model” SCI centers for the standard 60 day program, which was largely based on compensation (as opposed to recovery). Insurance (money) got me in the door, and I left in a wheelchair.
          Know Thyself

Comment

Originally posted by Rick1
            BTW – I went to one of the so-called “model” SCI centers for the standard 60 day program, which was largely based on compensation (as opposed to recovery). Insurance (money) got me in the door, and I left in a wheelchair.
            Amen to that, Rick1
            Cathy J

Comment

Ugh, another one of these discussions.

Dinosaur alert!
              -------7-23-04----------
              C5/6- Workin' on Recovery
              www.darrentempleton.com
              www.pushtowalknj.org

Comment

From his/her other posts appears to be a PT.

We will be publishing a paper soon documenting results over a 6 month period on 20 of our clients and 9 controls.

Attached a .PDF with the details of the study.

Quick to jump on the bandwagon?? We have been doing this for 8 years...

Eric Harness, CSCS
                Founder/President
                Neuro Ex, Inc

Comment

lyfconcepts

Have you even looked at our website? You seem pretty quick to jump on Project Walk here after just joining this forum yesterday.

Edit:

Just Googled "lyf concepts" this is what I get: http://www.lyfconcepts.com/index.html
                  Would that happen to be your business? If so, are we your competition seeing as you are in North Orange County?

Eric Harness, CSCS
                  Founder/President
                  Neuro Ex, Inc

Comment

I don't want to get into a heated discussion with someone who knows less than I do on many different levels. I have had patients and still have patients that attend your facility, and facilities like yours. I pride myself on not only understanding the neurophysiology of spinal injuries, but also understanding the potential for neural recovery. Everyone is free to spend their money as they please. But, how many hospital based facilities charge cash to attend. And... having only a bachelors degree and CSCS, I'd love to see the research that you put together. I have more experience than your facility has been in operation, and work with some of the best in the business who combine to have nearly 100 years of total experience. Sure exercise models are great, but people have to learn how to transfer too, don't they?

Comment

Glad to see my website came up on google. As you can read, it has nothing to do with Spinal Injury. I'd welcome all comers though, being that we all could benifit from education and wellness.

Comment

I don't want to get into a heated discussion with someone who knows less than I do on many different levels. I have had patients and still have patients that attend your facility, and facilities like yours. I pride myself on not only understanding the neurophysiology of spinal injuries, but also understanding the potential for neural recovery. Everyone is free to spend their money as they please. But, how many hospital based facilities charge cash to attend. And... having only a bachelors degree and CSCS, I'd love to see the research that you put together. I have more experience than your facility has been in operation, and work with some of the best in the business who combine to have nearly 100 years of total experience. Sure exercise models are great, but people have to learn how to transfer too, don't they?
                        That's one of the most arrogant posts I've ever read on here, especially for a brand new member. If you're trying to get people to not like you, you're on the right track.

Show some respect for the people who are/have been members here. Or just go away, no one needs this.
                        -------7-23-04----------
                        C5/6- Workin' on Recovery
                        www.darrentempleton.com
                        www.pushtowalknj.org

Comment

Point taken. Wasn't meant to sound arrogant in the least, but the more I read it the worse it sounds. My apologies to those out there that have to read the responses I submitted. Care cure is a wonderful tool for spinal recovery, and I've had the opportunity to give some helpful advice to people in need. I responded to a topic that I have a passion about and didn't chose my words effectively.

Comment

http://www.lyfconcepts.com/index_files/Page429.html

Pick your path.
                            "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Comment

I attend 'model' facility rehab that bills according to the therapy involved. Now that I'm up on bars, the bill is over $350/hr(!) For sure, right after injury fresh off the vent, I needed to learn to transfer and all the basics. But honestly, my therapist, with a Doctorate in PT, has about as much SCI know how then the next guy. I am basically treated like someone with a knee replacement. I am a bone scan away from enrolling in the local SCI rehab center. $75/hr, out of pocket mind you, but aid available for intensive exercise. It's not as cut and dried as "you either will walk, or you won't". Being fairly fresh and incomplete, I'd pay for Project Walk or the equivalent before I hopped a plane to China.

Comment

Working...
                              X