Project Walk on PBS in Los Angeles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lyfconcepts

Did you read my attachment? The PI is Dr. Steven Cramer. Here is his bio: http://www.ucihs.uci.edu/anatomy/cramerbio.html

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc
    Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

Comment

Originally posted by lyfconcepts
      This is a fascinating topic. Walking is all dependent on the severity of the injury, and minimizing secondary injury through proper positioning. I have a hand full of walking paras and quads at our facility. Despite the promise of the hard work gets you great results, you can either walk or you can't. If you're a complete injury, it just not going to happen. Focus on what you can do. Get into sports. Show people what is possible when you overcome a disability and thrive. I've seen people spend decades on looking for magical cures, only to be left pennyless and depressed. Stay positive and get out there.

Darren...sounds like your first post hit the nail on the head.

Eric Harness, CSCS
      Founder/President
      Neuro Ex, Inc
      Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman
        Darren...sounds like your first post hit the nail on the head.
        Yeah, a few key words and they're a giveaway. I think most of have heard this nonsense before.
        -------7-23-04----------
        C5/6- Workin' on Recovery
        www.darrentempleton.com
        www.pushtowalknj.org

Comment

I've been to Project Walk. I know some of their graduates. I know some of their PTs. I've never spoken to anyone treated at PW who was dissatisfied with their experience there. It's a great place--I'd recommend anyone curious should take a look.

BTW, I have no affiliation with PW. My comments are solely a reflection of my personal experience with the place as a friend of people who have been there.

Comment

lyfconcepts,

How much do you charge per hour? Are their different rates for each "path"? Does insurance cover your therapy?
            I have been attending PW for 7mos. now and I love it. I have seen huge gains in my recovery and health. But most importantly I do it for mental health too. Like most, I've done the "traditional" PT rehab and find very little benefit. First of all they treat me like a piece of glass. Secondly, they want to hop me up on so many antispasm/tone drugs that will turn me into a noodle.
            Last edited by hapahouli; 03-08-2007, 01:32 AM.
            Injured May 19, 2006, C4 incomplete

Comment

Working...
            X