This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exercises at home & facility .pdf

I have a 7 mb .pdf file of basic exercises for wheelchair users I scanned that I will upload to the site if the moderators are intetrested. The contents are:
    Program overview
    Exercises at Home
    Exercises at an exercise facility

The exercises likely are not applicable to everyone, as we are all obviously at different physical and function levels. But, a good resource for those of us w less function.

Liz, do it up! Your right, many people have much more limited abilities than others. I´ll sticky the .pdf file and keep it up top. Not for nothing but is it copyrighted? If it is, I may have to ask for permission first.
    Last edited by Mike C; 06-16-2006, 04:20 PM.
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Comment

You could just write

"Borrowed from (insert whoever copyrighted it here)
      Copyright (insert whoever copyrighted it here)"

-Jeff.
      IMPOSSIBLE IS JUST A BIG WORD THROWN AROUND BY SMALL MEN WHO FIND IT EASIER TO LIVE IN THE WORLD THEY'VE BEEN GIVEN THAN TO EXPLORE THE POWER THEY HAVE TO CHANGE IT. IMPOSSIBLE IS NOT A FACT. IT'S AN OPINION. IMPOSSIBLE IS NOT A DECLARATION. IT'S A DARE. IMPOSSIBLE IS POTENTIAL. IMPOSSIBLE IS TEMPORARY.

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING.

Comment

The file is too big to upload it, I think you need moderator permission Mike, since ur one!. No, it is not copyrighted it was put together by those in the field who taught a class for pwd for something I won once. Just simple exercises for ppl in chairs, low function.
        Last edited by Lizbv; 06-16-2006, 04:29 PM.

Comment

exercize at home

i'm a c-5/6 quad and got my Saratoga cycle the 1st of june.
          I use the handbike and a standing frame.
          I burn an average of 800 calories a day on the the handbike. I notice I sleep all the way through the night and my endurance has improved quite a bit.
          I bought the limited handgrips so i don't have to depend on anybody putting on the mitts. Man, I tell you I really love it.

Comment

Hi Mikey
            How much did you pay 4 it?
            I think I'd like to get one
            Great you are sleeping thru the night!

Comment

Exercises at home & facility .pdf

Thanks to Lizbv!
              "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Comment

Thanks for scanning that! I never thought about using bands in some of those ways.

-Jeff.
                IMPOSSIBLE IS JUST A BIG WORD THROWN AROUND BY SMALL MEN WHO FIND IT EASIER TO LIVE IN THE WORLD THEY'VE BEEN GIVEN THAN TO EXPLORE THE POWER THEY HAVE TO CHANGE IT. IMPOSSIBLE IS NOT A FACT. IT'S AN OPINION. IMPOSSIBLE IS NOT A DECLARATION. IT'S A DARE. IMPOSSIBLE IS POTENTIAL. IMPOSSIBLE IS TEMPORARY.

IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING.

Comment

I agree - those are awesome!
                  Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

yea I will look n see the brand of my bands if anyone wants to get some. they fit up on the door too. good luck everyone. maybe we should start a thread on what works best for us, if this benifits/ our strength/ endurance/etc.

Comment

Thanks, I think this is a good program for a number of people.

I am not one who generally feels compelled to be politically correct (with a preface like that, here comes some political correctness), but I wish that they had not used the term "confined to a wheelchair." Once someone pointed out to me that without the wheelchair I would truly be confined, probably to my bed, I saw that the term "confined" really does not fit. With the modern wheelchair, I am freed rather than confined.

Sorry for that digression. The information in this is very helpfu.

Thanks again for posting it!

Comment

Great exercizes. Thanks

Comment

What kind of excercise is required to be done in Paraplegia?

Comment

It all depends on your level of paralysis. The best thing to do is experiment with different techiniques to see if you can accomplish some of the exercises.

Comment

If you can afford it or can get insurance to buy it for you, I HIGHLY recommend the Schwinn Windjammer (http://www.komkare.com/phys_therapy/...inn_wjmmr.html). That seat comes off the rail and you can wheel right up to it. It's got very comfortable hand grips, a computer, and the fan blades blow air on you. It's very durable, too.

I had a cheaper one for a few years - the "PowerTrainer" (http://storesense.megawebservers.com...ycles&pageID=1) It was CRAP. It wobbled, the hand grips were set at an uncomfortable angle, and it was loud. I eventually cracked the steel base plate where the cycle connects to the base from rigourous use. Don't bother with it.
                              Last edited by Rock517; 07-22-2006, 07:01 PM.
                              6/18/00: T-5 complete

Comment

Working...
                              X