Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is incomplete injury. Below naval nothing works. Spasticity is very high.

Comment

OK, is he taking any medication against spastic? Does he have any type of physical therapy going at the moment? Your profile is incomplete, so if you could, give me some more specifics regarding his injury level, which state he lives in, general health, does he have heath insurance, and so on.

If he has to do everything himself, as a minumum, he needs to stretch daily, do range of motion excercises daily, and get a standing program up and running using a standing frame. The ROM and streching should help lower his spasticity, and then getting him into a standing frame afterwards are important first steps. Depending on further information, we can then go on with what type of excercises he should do.
      "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Comment

this a good site with exercises for specific SCI's

http://www.physiotherapyexercises.com/
        "while the difficult takes some time, the impossible just takes a little longer"

Comment

that is a great site, it's so hard to keep fit in a chair. But now that the snow has gone up here things should be easier. I miss skiing though!

Comment

Originally posted by nafi
            this a good site with exercises for specific SCI's

http://www.physiotherapyexercises.com/
            Awesome Site thank you Mona
            sigpic

Comment

thanks for the PDF loads of stuff to work through.

Comment

hi Liz, my brother is 24 with L1 complete, i am trying to find the exercise program that you talked about!!! could not find it

Comment

Originally posted by Nissanz View Post
                  hi Liz, my brother is 24 with L1 complete, i am trying to find the exercise program that you talked about!!! could not find it
                  /Exercise.pdf

Good luck!
                  "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Comment

Hi! I know of a current article that was done on assist cycles including the ones you've mentioned in Special Living Magazine, Summer issue. There is also a motor-assisted stationary cycle for arms and legs similtaneously from Assistive Therapy Solutions called the eVO cycle - the arms are adjustable, seat height adjustable, and 5 speeds. (www.assistivetherapy.com) You need to take a look at the 3 videos on the News Section. They are usually at the World Congress on Disabilities, Nov. 21-22nd, 2008 in Jacksonville and the East Coast Abilities Expo's.

Comment

Really exercising can keep you fit.....

Comment

Liz, you have done a wonderful job many people who have limited abilities than others will get benefit from your .pdf file.

Comment

Originally posted by intelmikey47 View Post
                          i'm a c-5/6 quad and got my Saratoga cycle the 1st of june.
                          I use the handbike and a standing frame.
                          I burn an average of 800 calories a day on the the handbike. I notice I sleep all the way through the night and my endurance has improved quite a bit.
                          I bought the limited handgrips so i don't have to depend on anybody putting on the mitts. Man, I tell you I really love it.
                          i would love such a handbike myself..i'm a c6/7 living in india..

Comment

This is great! I think it will be really helpful for Sarah.

Comment

I cannot download the pdf for the exercise at home any suggestions

Comment

I just spotted this sticky....what a great post. Thanks a ton Lizbv!

Comment

Working...
                                X