shoulder popping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shoulder popping

since i started doing int/ext rotator cuff exercises, 2 weeks ago, my left(the one i have injured twice) is popping alot , loudly. its a tad sore but rom is better and actually is feeling a bit stronger. its really making some noise thou.

is this from the cuff being swollen from the isolated cuff exercises? It doesnt bother me while doing my main workout routine
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I don't know if it's the same type of popping but the back of my left shoulder (my weaker side) pops when I do my push-ups. I was told as long as it is not painful (mine is just a little discomfort) that it will get better as the muscle grows. Mine does not make a loud popping noise, but I can can feel it and if someone has their hand on my shoulder blade they can feel it when I work out.

Edit: why is there a lightbulb above my post? Did I do that? Ummm
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Comment

both of mine pop a lot. especially my right one, it used to hurt a lot before my injury. it used to do it only when i was doin push-ups but now they both pop during rom...

Comment

i think its from swelling, i popped a few advil when i got to work and an hour later it stopped
        Bike-on.com rep
        John@bike-on.com

Comment

Both my shoulder blades pop, and they're very painful.
          Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps
            since i started doing int/ext rotator cuff exercises, 2 weeks ago, my left(the one i have injured twice) is popping alot , loudly. its a tad sore but rom is better and actually is feeling a bit stronger. its really making some noise thou.

is this from the cuff being swollen from the isolated cuff exercises? It doesnt bother me while doing my main workout routine
            I dont why they do it,but mine popped for a couple months when i first started doing it...they dont pop or grind anymore though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun
              I dont why they do it,but mine popped for a couple months when i first started doing it...they dont pop or grind anymore though.
              I MUST SAY I HAVE BEEN DOING THE EXERCISE FOR 2 FULL WEEKS NOW 6 DAYS PER WEEK. I NOTICE BETTER ROM, NO PAIN AT ALL DOING FUNKY TRANSFERS, AND THE BURNING AND POPPING ARE SUBSIDING FROM DOING THE EXERCISE. ,. ALL AND ALL IM THRILLED.
              Bike-on.com rep
              John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps
                I MUST SAY I HAVE BEEN DOING THE EXERCISE FOR 2 FULL WEEKS NOW 6 DAYS PER WEEK. I NOTICE BETTER ROM, NO PAIN AT ALL DOING FUNKY TRANSFERS, AND THE BURNING AND POPPING ARE SUBSIDING FROM DOING THE EXERCISE. ,. ALL AND ALL IM THRILLED.
                Fuente/Shaun

Will you explain exactly what the exercise is please? I have read a few times about the importance of keeping rotator cuffs in good shape but I'm not quite sure how I can do it bearing in mind I don't have your fancy equipment yet! I do have good wrist weights and some theraband.

Fuente - knowing your views on pts you'll be interested to know that I asked my PT yesterday about rotator cuffs and she didn't really have a clue!

My shoulders are rarely painful any more but I do get clicking at the front of the right shoulder if I've been leaning on it when on the computer for example. I don't think it ever used to do this before my injury.

Rhino
                C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Originally posted by RehabRhino
                  Fuente/Shaun

Will you explain exactly what the exercise is please? I have read a few times about the importance of keeping rotator cuffs in good shape but I'm not quite sure how I can do it bearing in mind I don't have your fancy equipment yet! I do have good wrist weights and some theraband.

Fuente - knowing your views on pts you'll be interested to know that I asked my PT yesterday about rotator cuffs and she didn't really have a clue!

My shoulders are rarely painful any more but I do get clicking at the front of the right shoulder if I've been leaning on it when on the computer for example. I don't think it ever used to do this before my injury.

Rhino

rhino watch shaunas workout vid. its the exercise hes doing w/ theraband. just attatch it to something.
                  i hooked mine to my saratoga cycle table, well the table its on i mean. i do 3 sets of 20 w/ red band now, i started w/ yellow 2 weeks ago. i do them every morning before work and my main workout at night.
                  pt's are a joke
                  Bike-on.com rep
                  John@bike-on.com

Comment

Do a search for rotator cuff here on cc. There are several excises you can do to help strengthen them. Just beacuse you guys have sucky PT's doesn't mean they are all useless and don't know anything.
                    www.cawvsports.org
                    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
                    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Comment

Hope I can get this to work!

Use a theraband hooked to something and use from your chair instead of the cable system,
                      http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...lRotation.html

You can look this site over for all kinds of ideas that you can adapt for use from a chair and using tubes or bands.
                      Last edited by DIGGER; 30 Sep 2005, 1:36 PM.
                      DIGG.

Comment

Cool. Will try those.

Aly I agree with you, my pts at the spinal unit were excellent, they even came out drinking
                        C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Originally posted by DIGGER
                          Hope I can get this to work!

Use a theraband hooked to something and use from your chair instead of the cable system,

You can look this site over for all kinds of ideas that you can adapt for use from a chair and using tubes or bands.
                          the 1st one is the best for me, it gets in deep

aly, your rite not all pt's suck. i would say about 80% are idiots. Over my 18 years i have dealt w/ many..i have meant some great exercise physiologists(SP) who were personal trainers, not specifically for sci, they were great. they trained you like a regular person, not a crip. i worked w/ one at my local gym for 2 years after getting out of rehab, we became great friends. He got me strong.
                          Bike-on.com rep
                          John@bike-on.com

Comment

Those are the only two exercises ive ever done for them and they work great..Thera-bands the way to go,loop it over anything and giver..

Comment

I use 3 pound free weights and blue tubing, I think it is a little stronger than my blue theraband. Funny how such a small excercise can make such a huge difference.

fuentejps I think that is th first time you said something remotley nice about a pt, proud of yeah , all of mine have been great. Current one is like a personal trainer. My first pt was the best, she did a great job with everything even about ordering my chair. Can't say the same about the vendor I just ordered my new one through, she wanted to play the she was right I was wrong crap even though it was my ass in the new chair that was uncomfortable. Can't get a new one through insurance for another 5 years I wont make that mistake agian!
                              www.cawvsports.org

Comment

Working...
                              X